Samples & Interpolations

RowBearToe

I've always been a hip-hop fan, but as I've started becoming a bigger soul/funk fan I've really enjoyed stumbling across old songs and realizing it was sampled in a hip-hop song I love. I've started taking a deep dive on samples and even keep a playlist tracking my favorites. I'm always looking for more, so I figured I would start a thread to discuss samples and interpolations. Let me know some of your favorites and let's keep the discussion going as you discover new ones!

Here are a few of my favorite samples:

Baby Huey - Hard Times sampled by Ghostface Killah - Buck 50

Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up sampled by Kanye West - Touch the Sky

Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers -Bustin' Loose sampled by Nelly - Hot in Herre

Last edited:
You may like this mix.

Looks sweet, I'll check it out. thanks!

This is one of my all time favorite hip-hop songs and the production is a big reason why!

Looking for samples is how I got started digging for records!

Here's one of my favorite sample flips ever:

Kanye sped up & chopped up a few sections of the GSH song - the link below links to the timestamps, it's hard to catch all the pieces just listening to the songs.

Common-Dwele-The-People-Gil-Scott-Heron-Brian-Jackson-We-Almost-Lost-Detroit

Another one of my favorite samples!

This one always makes me smile

And this for any fellow old heads:

Shit this is taking me back! I was obsessed with the DJ Muro King of Diggin' tapes back in the day, they're so dope and just a treasure trove of sample sources! I spent why to much time trying to figure out what was what, never was all that successful but it sure was fun!

Alright, I had to do at least 1 from each of my 3 favorite producers. This was one of the holy grails for sample spotters, took 10 years for people to find. Love how Primo turned some random record into fire!

This one always makes me smile

And this for any fellow old heads:

Shit this is taking me back! I was obsessed with the DJ Muro King of Diggin' tapes back in the day, they're so dope and just a treasure trove of sample sources! I spent why to much time trying to figure out what was what, never was all that successful but it sure was fun!

This album had great samples..
Here's one of my favorite madlib flips:

Back