Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time

I’m glad my favorite artist’s 3 albums are on the list and that What’s Going On? Is #1. Album is as relevant today as it was when it was released.

Sgt Peppers went from #1 in 2003 to #24 in 2020.

Fun fact about the last RS500 list. I remember it vividly because well, you had to buy it to get the list back then, but also it came with a Sony SACD compilation to showcase Sony artists that were on SACD like Herbie Hancock, Miles Davis, Pink Floyd, Norah Jones, and Elton John.297BFCB7-755A-4A06-B554-54A400322793.jpegC64746E2-7E27-4344-B5AA-F6F93FE20D3B.jpeg

Last edited:
I am very impressed with the updated top 500 albums of all-time list! It's so much more diverse now and I feel so much more representative of what's really the best! Here are some albums from #401-#500 that I was very happy to see in there:

SZA - Ctrl at #472
Juvenile - 400 Degrees at #470
Maxwell - BLACKsummers'night at #467
The White Stripes - Elephant at #449
Alice Coltrane - Journey in Satchidanada at #446
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine at #444
BRITNEY MUTHAFUCKING SPEARS - BLACKOUT at #441 :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
Usher - Confessions at #432
M.I.A. - Arular at #421
The Roots - Things Fall Apart at #416
Chic - Risqué at #414
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele at #402

@wynn72 - We did it boy! Blackout is finally recognised as a masterpiece! @Lord Diaper Baby - YOU SEE THIS SHIT, YOU SEE THIS!!! Baby Monster knew Britney Spears' Blackout was a masterpiece!!! 💯:love:👆👀🎉🎉🎉

I am very impressed with the updated top 500 albums of all-time list! It's so much more diverse now and I feel so much more representative of what's really the best! Here are some albums from #401-#500 that I was very happy to see in there:

SZA - Ctrl at #472
Juvenile - 400 Degrees at #470
Maxwell - BLACKsummers'night at #467
The White Stripes - Elephant at #449
Alice Coltrane - Journey in Satchidanada at #446
Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine at #444
BRITNEY MUTHAFUCKING SPEARS - BLACKOUT at #441 :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
Usher - Confessions at #432
M.I.A. - Arular at #421
The Roots - Things Fall Apart at #416
Chic - Risqué at #414
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele at #402

@wynn72 - We did it boy! Blackout is finally recognised as a masterpiece! @Lord Diaper Baby - YOU SEE THIS SHIT, YOU SEE THIS!!! Baby Monster knew Britney Spears' Blackout was a masterpiece!!! 💯:love:👆👀🎉🎉🎉
I'd like to direct your attention to the informal logical fallacy called an "Appeal to Authority" (or similarly, "argument from authority"). Or, perhaps, depending on one's opinion of Rolling Stone, the subset "appeal to false authority".

If unfamiliar, Wikipedia has you covered:

You're going to need a bigger army than Rolling Stone magazine to make that turd sprout wings.

Feels like they're probably saying gimme more. Gimme, gimme more.

Albums in the #351-#400 range I was extremely happy to see in there:

Billie Eilish's WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP WHERE DO WE GO? at #397
D'Angelo - Black Messiah at #395
Kelis - Kaleidoscope at #391 😱😱😱
MARIAH CAREY - EMANCIPATION OF MIMI at #389 👀👀💃
Radiohead - In Rainbows at #387
J Dilla - Donuts at #386
Tame Impala - Currents at #382 💜
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um at #380
Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul at #373
Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter II at #370
MOBB DEEP - THE INFAMOUS at #369 ❤❤❤
Madvillain - Madvillainy at #365 🏆
Luther Vandross - Never Too Much at #362

I'd like to direct your attention to the informal logical fallacy called an "Appeal to Authority" (or similarly, "argument from authority"). Or, perhaps, depending on one's opinion of Rolling Stone, the subset "appeal to false authority".

If unfamiliar, Wikipedia has you covered:

You're going to need a bigger army than Rolling Stone magazine to make that turd sprout wings.

Feels like they're probably saying gimme more. Gimme, gimme more.
You can't handle that Britney Spears' is in the top 500 Rollingstones list! 🙊💄😉

Albums in the #301-#350 range I was impressed to see in there

GZA - Liquid Swords at #347 ⚔💉
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle at #340 😄👏👏👏
Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell at #321
Billie Holiday - Lady in Satin at #317
Rosalia - El Mal Querer at #315 😍😮🍾
AALIYAH - ONE IN A MILLION at #314!!! :cool:
PJ Harvey - Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea at #313
Solange - A Seat At The Table at #312!
Bill Withers - Just As I Am at #304
New York Dolls - New York Dolls at #301

You can't handle that Britney Spears' is in the top 500 Rollingstones list! 🙊💄😉
I'll tell you what. I'm going to put tiny images of all of Britney's albums in my cat's litter box.

The order she shits on them is now the top 10 ranking of her discography (I believe Britney only has 9 albums, so we'll put Continuum in there to make a nice, round number).

Because the credibility of the source doesn't matter and simply that it's a list of some sort, you will forever respect the shitty list my cat chooses. :poop:😺

DE LA SOUL IS DEAD AT #228! Yaaaaaas! I'm so proud of those boys! I love that album so much! Couldn't be more happy for De La Soul! 🥀

@Lord Diaper Baby - Sade's Love Deluxe is ranked #247!!! 💦💦💦🍇🍸🏝👏👏👏
See my above posts which should give you a clear idea of how much I care about RS rankings. I only care about Diaper Baby rankings (and for Britney, my cat's poo picks).

I feel like you summoned me to this thread to prove a point. Point not taken.

Back