R.I.P. VMP Forum

I don't know why I just got a notification for a thread with that awful company's name in it. I thought I had blocked all of it. Ffs, people here still support them? With all the other places out there that do such a better job? Yuck. I side eye each person that still supports that extremely gross and lying company.

But I'm glad I read your post, jc. Lovely words.

(Now let me go back to my Voldemort free existence. It's such a happy place)

Their prices keep going up. It’s just ridiculous.

It only matters if you buy from them.

I actually looked at their offerings last night. Of the very few that interest me, all were curated titles that I can easily buy elsewhere. So I will.

Yeah, I dropped my sub when the vast majority of their record selections were of little interest to me. It was pretty much only their curated titles that interested me and as you mentioned, you can buy elsewhere pretty easily. I pretty much get everything I got from VMP from Bull Moose now.

With prices going up. It just wasn't worth it for me to continue if their selections weren't hitting the spot.

2 years ago people who truly cared about their little community came together to form this space. Their actions took place in a moment where their internet home, their virtual living room, was taken away from them. It was formed when a company that proclaimed to be about community destroyed it's own under the guise of "improvement." They lied to their most loyal customers to more easily promote their product; so that they could continue to sell a thing that never existed. As much as some of us would have liked that corporate entity and the individuals who told us they cared to have done better, to have been better, and to have positive intentions. They did not.

But that's the beauty of today. Something better exists, not because of that company but because of the people that company was so desperate to rid themselves of. Well done N&G. Regardless of how long this forum lives, regardless of how many times we fall out with each other, we take breaks something great was done, and everybody who has posted here and supported that thing should be proud of it. That's what a community is. A place where people can be open about their perspectives, where discourse isn't always comfortable but people share some common threads that continue to bring them together in support of the space they share.

Congrats to those people that care about this space. Thank you mods and admins for volunteering your time and energy. Thank you to the people here that do a little something nice for their fellow humans.

j0qSbeNFuzjhXKFVSP.gif

2 years ago people who truly cared about their little community came together to form this space. Their actions took place in a moment where their internet home, their virtual living room, was taken away from them. It was formed when a company that proclaimed to be about community destroyed it's own under the guise of "improvement." They lied to their most loyal customers to more easily promote their product; so that they could continue to sell a thing that never existed. As much as some of us would have liked that corporate entity and the individuals who told us they cared to have done better, to have been better, and to have positive intentions. They did not.

But that's the beauty of today. Something better exists, not because of that company but because of the people that company was so desperate to rid themselves of. Well done N&G. Regardless of how long this forum lives, regardless of how many times we fall out with each other, we take breaks something great was done, and everybody who has posted here and supported that thing should be proud of it. That's what a community is. A place where people can be open about their perspectives, where discourse isn't always comfortable but people share some common threads that continue to bring them together in support of the space they share.

Congrats to those people that care about this space. Thank you mods and admins for volunteering your time and energy. Thank you to the people here that do a little something nice for their fellow humans.
Happy birthday, N&G; thanks to everyone who puts in the hard work to keep the lights on and keep the discussions going.

Their prices keep going up. It’s just ridiculous.
Oh no no. And I say this with as much love in my heart as I can muster while in a Voldemort thread, If I wasn't clear - I don't want to be involved in this thread anymore. It's just better for you all and for me.

But I didn't know that. So what is it like $50 for an album that you can buy elsewhere or already have in your collection now or for Storf to curate country by choosing Johnny Cash? Completely rhetorical. No need to respond as I really honestly truly do not care.

Join me in other threads, won't you all? As JC said, this community rocks! I'm, for one, enjoying the heck out of giving my current collection some lovin in the No Buy May thread. <3

(Furiously goes off to figure out how to get all voldemort threads back on block).

Oh no no. And I say this with as much love in my heart as I can muster while in a Voldemort thread, If I wasn't clear - I don't want to be involved in this thread anymore. It's just better for you all and for me.

But I didn't know that. So what is it like $50 for an album that you can buy elsewhere or already have in your collection now or for Storf to curate country by choosing Johnny Cash? Completely rhetorical. No need to respond as I really honestly truly do not care.

Join me in other threads, won't you all? As JC said, this community rocks! I'm, for one, enjoying the heck out of giving my current collection some lovin in the No Buy May thread. <3

(Furiously goes off to figure out how to get all voldemort threads back on block).

I didn't take this new post today as a VMP post, but more as a "look what we created here" and as a reminder of how little that place mattered, because of the 2 year anniversary.

That being said, I never see you on here anymore, probably because I generally relegate myself to the hip hop thread, for the most part. So, it's nice to see you in here, regardless.

In defense of the thread title, I will sleep comfortably imagining the P in RIP stands for "piss" ☺️

Back