PopTarts Unite!

Found this one over at AllMusic's end of the year electronic list. Elements of glitch pop even if it's also sort of a cracked out Crystal Castles (back when they were still interesting).

Part of the Allmusic review (4.5 stars):

"The album's songs incorporate more of her own vocals than her past work, and while it's hard to discern her lyrics, which sound like she's hissing them through clenched teeth while being chased, they poetically illustrate themes of fear, trauma, destruction, and hopelessness in the age of late capitalism. Her beats are even noisier and more fragmented than before, and they're diced with nearly Baroque melodies and sickly sugary pop sensibilities, as well as occasional bass-driven elements that seem informed by various hybrid club sounds. It's completely overloaded and chaotic, filled with corkscrew breakbeats and torrential noise eruptions, but with a cinematic scope and a pop lifeblood coursing through it all."

Found this one over at AllMusic's end of the year electronic list. Elements of glitch pop even if it's also sort of a cracked out Crystal Castles (back when they were still interesting).

Part of the Allmusic review (4.5 stars):

"The album's songs incorporate more of her own vocals than her past work, and while it's hard to discern her lyrics, which sound like she's hissing them through clenched teeth while being chased, they poetically illustrate themes of fear, trauma, destruction, and hopelessness in the age of late capitalism. Her beats are even noisier and more fragmented than before, and they're diced with nearly Baroque melodies and sickly sugary pop sensibilities, as well as occasional bass-driven elements that seem informed by various hybrid club sounds. It's completely overloaded and chaotic, filled with corkscrew breakbeats and torrential noise eruptions, but with a cinematic scope and a pop lifeblood coursing through it all."

How on earth did two albums called Palimpsest come out from two different bands within a month of each other?

So I've finally got around to giving 7G a proper listen (the 2 and a half hour running time kinda scared me away initially lol) and I'm only a part of the way through but I'm absolutely loving it. This is the A.G. Cook I was hoping would show up on Apple tbh.

So I've finally got around to giving 7G a proper listen (the 2 and a half hour running time kinda scared me away initially lol) and I'm only a part of the way through but I'm absolutely loving it. This is the A.G. Cook I was hoping would show up on Apple tbh.
I just got to "Oracle" and I'm like 😭

Back