Political Discussion

I was interacting on a friend‘s FB post about this. There was a person on there who said the budget was not that simple. It is. You can‘t spend the same resource twice. She ended up being a defense contract auditor.
Don’t be so literal. I think I may have misread your intent.

The criticism is about priorities, not allocations. It’s the old bait & switch. D voters thought they bought relief checks, but were really sold the same old Middle East military actions.

Don’t be so literal. I think I may have misread your intent.

The criticism is about priorities, not allocations. It’s the old bait & switch. D voters thought they bought relief checks, but were really sold the same old Middle East military actions.

yea I got you. She was just saying that it’s complicated. I said not it not. We don’t need to spend all the money to bomb a buch of people when we should spend on our own population. There always money for war.

yea I got you. She was just saying that it’s complicated. I said not it not. We don’t need to spend all the money to bomb a buch of people when we should spend on our own population. There always money for war.

I really should look over my posts when typing and playing with my kid. How did anyone understand that?

Still missing the last stimmie. Hope I get this one bc the stocks have been rough the last few weeks.
If you aren't aware, you can claim the last one when you file your taxes if you are able to do that soon. I was preparing to do that when mine finally showed up toward the beginning of the month.

Wow, the bill passed with slim margins.

219 for and 215 against.

1614456037712.png

When the current make up of the house I would imagine all republicans voted against it and a couple democrats did as well.

Wow, the bill passed with slim margins.

219 for and 215 against.

View attachment 89809

When the current make up of the house I would imagine all republicans voted against it and a couple democrats did as well.
I am pretty sure it was a straight party line vote, all GOP against and all Dems In favor. Kinda dumb on GOPs side if I am running against someone who voted against a bill that will help out a lot of their constituents I would hammer them hard on their vote not to help out their constituents. I think it would be much much more politically sound to have begrudgingly voted for it and say while you didn’t favor much of what was in the bill it was better than nothing especially with people in desperate need of assistance but whatever the GOP sucks and I am okay with them shooting themselves in the foot.

I am pretty sure it was a straight party line vote, all GOP against and all Dems In favor. Kinda dumb on GOPs side if I am running against someone who voted against a bill that will help out a lot of their constituents I would hammer them hard on their vote not to help out their constituents. I think it would be much much more politically sound to have begrudgingly voted for it and say while you didn’t favor much of what was in the bill it was better than nothing especially with people in desperate need of assistance but whatever the GOP sucks and I am okay with them shooting themselves in the foot.
2 Dems against. Jared Golden of Maine and Kurt Schrader of Oregon.

Agree it is really frustrating to see GOP lawmakers united against things that seem to show favorably with a large majority of voters.

Im not religious or even one for omens but this seems like something that is an indicator of something just falling apart. Either the Republican Party or America in general.
I’m not saying anything I haven’t said before, but the grand experiment that was the Republic of the United States of America is already dead. It just hasn’t quite stopped moving yet.

Back