Political Discussion

Idk I'm having trouble laughing at this stuff. A lot of otherwise good people have been genuinely duped by this Q shit. That's not to say a lot of them are rotten on the inside, but I think compassion is more the way to go.
I don't see the harm in having a momentary laugh at their silly disappointment. They were still wishing for a hostile takeover of the government today after all. Really it is terrifying that they wished for it and thought it would happen. Finding the humor in their dissapointment for a moment is a way for me not to dwell on that side of it.

That doesn't preclude me from pitying them or offering them compassion if they would be willing to accept it.

Idk I'm having trouble laughing at this stuff. A lot of otherwise good people have been genuinely duped by this Q shit. That's not to say a lot of them are rotten on the inside, but I think compassion is more the way to go.
You do you. There is a time for compassion for sure. There is also a time for shame and ridicule. Calling out these clown’s as clowns might not help them recover but it might stop people in the future from joining their fold. Some Social norms are important to keep in check.

I don't see the harm in having a momentary laugh at their silly disappointment. They were still wishing for a hostile takeover of the government today after all. Really it is terrifying that they wished for it and thought it would happen. Finding the humor in their dissapointment for a moment is a way for me not to dwell on that side of it.

That doesn't preclude me from pitying them or offering them compassion if they would be willing to accept it.
I don't mean the insurrectionists or ardent Trump supporters specifically. Just the numerous average everyday uncles and grandmas who have fallen down that Q rabbit hole. I feel like a lot of people are hopefully going to be coming out of that stupor soon, and laughing and ridiculing them at that point isn't really going to help things or make things better. That's just my thoughts though.

You can calculate the increase of the cost of groceries over time here.

That site has other graphs and information. For example:

I don't mean the insurrectionists or ardent Trump supporters specifically. Just the numerous average everyday uncles and grandmas who have fallen down that Q rabbit hole. I feel like a lot of people are hopefully going to be coming out of that stupor soon, and laughing and ridiculing them at that point isn't really going to help things or make things better. That's just my thoughts though.
I hope you're right about them coming out of the stupor and not just moving on to the next hateful horrible thing that comes along, whether it is Q or whatever they're pushing on talk radio or something else. I struggle to be optimistic about it personally.

I would never laugh at someone accepting and admitting they are wrong, but that isn't what I saw in that tweet.

Ron Watkins is one of the main Qanon people.

Yeah, we almost destroyed the country but let's all go back to our regular lives now...

If I were to guess who was actually posting as “Q” on 8chan, it would have been this turd and the fact that he moved on so quickly makes me think it was even more likely that this dickweed was behind this ruse.

I hope you're right about them coming out of the stupor and not just moving on to the next hateful horrible thing that comes along, whether it is Q or whatever they're pushing on talk radio or something else. I struggle to be optimistic about it personally.

I would never laugh at someone accepting and admitting they are wrong, but that isn't what I saw in that tweet.
It'll be tricky for sure. We've never really faced something like this of this magnitude and no one has a solid way of combating it, but we'll have to try.

You can calculate the increase of the cost of groceries over time here.

That site has other graphs and information. For example:
What's really fun is to watch old movies or shows and when they mention the price of something, we pause the movie and look it up on an inflation calculator. So that $8000 that Uncle Billy lost in It's a Wonderful Life would be the equivalent of about $92K in today's money. It's really fun especially with 80's movies.

What's really fun is to watch old movies or shows and when they mention the price of something, we pause the movie and look it up on an inflation calculator. So that $8000 that Uncle Billy lost in It's a Wonderful Life would be the equivalent of about $92K in today's money. It's really fun especially with 80's movies.

I was watching The Andy Griffin Show a while back and someone was having a tough time paying their like $8k mortgage and it was tough for me to wrap my head around that idea. But then when you think that the person who was having issues was probably supporting their entire family off of less than $100 a month.... yeah, Inflation is wild.

I was watching The Andy Griffin Show a while back and someone was having a tough time paying their like $8k mortgage and it was tough for me to wrap my head around that idea. But then when you think that the person who was having issues was probably supporting their entire family off of less than $100 a month.... yeah, Inflation is wild.
My mom (early 80s) tells me that a movie (double feature) was 5 cents and popcorn was 10 cents when she was a kid.

Until it gets to house prices and mortgage rates and repayments. Then you just want to cry into your glass of water, because you couldn’t afford beer after making your mortgage payment...

Back