Ortofon Blue upgrade from Red?

I'm not a big audiophile person, and I won't pretend to know much. So I know this may sound like a dumb question ...

I am debating on upgrading from my 2m Red to Blue. Is there a big jump? I am using an AT-120 LP.

I like the 2M Red but it seems like from reviews and things I've read, the blue is a big jump in terms of sound

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to reply!
Another cartridge to consider is the AT-7V. A warmer sounding AT but keeps the extension in the highs. Just seems more balanced than my 440- ML. It's gone up in price since I got mine. They were $160 now $210 still highly recommend.

Cross-post from the Buy, Sell, Trade forum, for anyone considering a cartridge upgrade
I have an Audio-Technica cartridge and headshell for sale for $150 shipped within the lower 48.

The cartridge is the AT-VM95ML. It is a well-reviewed moving magnet (MM) cartridge with a microlinear stylus.

The headshell is the AT-HS6BK (black).

The cartridge and headshell are like new, with only about five hours use. Shortly after installing it my vintage Pioneer turntable crapped out. Rather than get the Pioneer repaired (again) I decided to buy a new turntable with a fixed headshell and a cartridge included. So, I don't need the AT cartridge/headshell at present, and would like to sell it and apply the proceeds to a separate phono stage.

Payment through paypal, shipment within one day via usps with tracking, let me know if you're interested.

Back