Online Vinyl Deals

Yeah so right now I have the Moanin’ and Soul Station Blue note classics preorders and the PJ Harvey “Uh Huh Her” preorder and the black crowes “shake your money maker” in my cart for about $96.93 but with the “comeback” code, it comes to $77.55, and shipping is free.

So Tone Poets would be $28 and Blue Note 80s or Classics are $20 with that code plus free us or intl shipping.
i'm guessing you don't have to pay online sales tax?

Looks like Target has instilled another wave of clearance items per Reddit. The Stevie Wonder #1s is in there, and you can use the Brickseek search + your zip code to figure out which stores may be clearancing other goodies

Redditors reporting The Beatles - 1 and Pink Floyd - The Wall, Bohemian Rhapsody OST, Bob Marley's Exodus, Keith Urban maybe?

This ends today if anyone wants FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING from udiscover.
Free international shipping combined with that COMEBACK code meant I went a bit crazy - Blue Note and PJ Harvey pre-orders were basically half the price of here, and I also took a punt on that Bob Marley Jamaican Catch A Fire (which is now delayed yet again).

Free international shipping combined with that COMEBACK code meant I went a bit crazy - Blue Note and PJ Harvey pre-orders were basically half the price of here, and I also took a punt on that Bob Marley Jamaican Catch A Fire (which is now delayed yet again).
Did the free shipping get taken off at the end? When I tested it still showed like $40 freight!

Did the free shipping get taken off at the end? When I tested it still showed like $40 freight!
I think with me it first said free with $16 or whatever crossed out. Then on the next page it had the postage as $16 but that didn't go to the total. As far as I understand from others, I recommend ordering records one by one from Udiscover as they can hold up a whole delivery if one record is delayed (and delayed)

I think with me it first said free with $16 or whatever crossed out. Then on the next page it had the postage as $16 but that didn't go to the total. As far as I understand from others, I recommend ordering records one by one from Udiscover as they can hold up a whole delivery if one record is delayed (and delayed)
Thanks I’ll look at trying again later.

That’s correct about holding up a delivery for one record. Weirdly, a lot of their deals don’t specify a minimum amount that you need to spend, and if you order them together you have to pay extra to have them shipped separately.

Ex: I ordered 3 records today and it gave me the option to pay $18 extra to have them ship as they were available (rather than holding the whole order until all albums were available) even though two were in stock and the third has a release date of tomorrow (4/9).

EDIT: I lied in my example - I forgot the PJ Harvey isn’t released until 4/30. So, I will be waiting a few weeks for all 3 records because I’m not very smart haha.

Received two cancellations from Target this morning, 😞 not for lack of approving delays. Kind of sucks, but the ledger still tilts largely in my favor across multiple BTGO sales.

Neal Casal - Fade Away Diamond Time
Joe Henderson - Page One

Just a heads-up that Popmarket is the first place I've seen the Joni Mitchell The Reprise Albums box at a discounted price: $93.79. Plus, shipping is free, and the code THANKS10 will give an additional 10% off if you haven't used it before with the email you use to login (or you set up an account with a different email). For me, this amounted to a realized savings of $39.53 comparing the total costs of buying from Popmarket (cost of album plus tax) vs. Joni's website, where shipping was over $11. That's a hefty savings, even if I will miss out on the art print. (Don't judge me ;).)

No judge, popmarket is part of a group of distributors that sells for close to dealer cost...
Brick and mortars get by with a little higher cost because hey you get to take it home right now, but online sellers are subject to competing with the distributor on sales...

Spoiler, we can't compete when they sell it for 2$ above our cost. We look like dickhead flippers and they move inventory.

Popmarket is just one of the many stores under Alliance Entertainment (Any vinyl receipt you see that says "DirectToU LLC" are subsidiaries of Alliance.. Do a search in your inbox of just that and I bet you have many results). I believe they are now responsible for over half of the overall vinyl sales worldwide every year. So yeah, they're basically like the Amazon and Walmart's of the world to Independent record stores/sellers but with a bunch of different names and store fronts to the average consumer. They could care less about small loss here and there when doing insane volume like they do and continue to sadly hurt the much smaller competition.

EDIT: They were up to 49% in 2019 so not sure what they're at now but I have a feeling it's only gotten better for them since then.
Vinyl-Graph-2019.jpg

Back