November 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: High wind through the trees, falling November leaves, a weak sun hanging low, summer seems so long ago...

24. Blackout Wednesday
Play an album that makes you nostalgic for your high school days.

New Order "Brotherhood" (1986 Factory, Canadian Polygram pressing)
This was already spinning on the table when I came to post and saw @Kris already picked a New Order album. This one is different so I'll stick with it. Bizarre Love Triangle, in particular, is the track that takes me back high school.

IMG_1994.JPG

Day 23
"The Fields of November"
Play a bluegrass or country album.

The country album I usually only spin for this theme...

FEAR's Lee Ving recorded this album in 1985 and it was never released....until 2017.

Range War ‎– Home On The Range
Atom Age Industries/Fear Records ‎– AALP002, 2017/2018

#BFRSD18 - White vinyl variant - limited to 30

Cut by Stan Getz II at Getzone
Pressed at Vinyl Record Pressing LLC

qAKqGs.jpg

hTxj6p.jpg

And the Watkins Family Hour cover version

25. American Thanksgiving
Play an album to soundtrack a multi-generational dinner party.

Badbadnotgood "LateNightTales" (2017 LateNightTales)
There’s a little bit to please all generations on here, from the Beach Boys and Esther Phillips to Charlotte Day Wilson and Thundercat.

IMG_2001.JPG

Last edited:
Blackout Wednesday
Play an album that makes you nostalgic for your high school days

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Soul to Soul

For me, the soundtrack to my high school years in the 80s featured a lot of 60s and 70 music. And SO much Zeppelin and Sabbath. But then this album came out, and when I heard Come On (Part III) on the radio I was immediately a fan. I was lucky enough to catch this tour as well.

SRV.jpeg

American Thanksgiving
Play an album to soundtrack a multi-generational dinner party

I'm imagining a dinner party that my grandparents were still around and we could all gather; aunts, uncles, cousins, parents and grandparents. We would eat and drink and enjoy six sides of Ella singing Cole.

ella.jpeg

26. Black Friday
Play an album you have because it was a "good deal" or FOMO and not because you really wanted it.

The Glands "Double Coda" (2018 New West Records, from I Can See My House From Here box set)
Not one album, but a whole box set. This wasn't on my radar at all but it came back into stock at New West Records at a sale price. Some great reviews on here from posters who's taste I trust (namely @TenderLovingKiller® - cheers man), vague recollections of hearing a few songs a while back, some quick streams on Spotify and it did the trick. No regrets as this is a fun unique set of well written music. Playing the record released along with this set.

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2007.JPG

Black Friday
Play an album you have because it was a good deal" or FOMO and not because you really wanted it

The Doors - Morrison Hotel Sessions RSD 2021

This was a FOMO thing. I love The Doors, but this was an unnecessary to purchase for me. Maybe if the original album was part of it, it would get spun more. But this is mostly a shelf-space-taker-upper.

20211126_142222.jpg

Back