Noodles & Grooves

Finally an al dente thread I can sink my teeth into!

My favorite quick dinner recipe for a bright tomato sauce to go with some good old fashioned Rotini or something else that really holds on to sauce..

2x 10oz. packages of cherry or grape tomotoes
1/2 cup diced white onion
5-6 cloves of garlic
2-3 tbs of good olive oil
1 tbs sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Cook tomatoes, garlic, onion, in a small pot (small enough and deep enough to use an imersion blender in later), until the onions are tanslucent and the tomatoes have started to burst (8-10 minutes).

Crush the tomatoes and blend the mix with an imersion blender (or regular stand blender) until smooth and uniform.

Allow to simmer for another 5-10 mins or so, stirring occasionally. Longer is better.

Add 1 tbs granulated sugar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flake if you are feeling spicy.

Drain your preferred pasta and mix with sauce and parmasean or romano cheese.

Simple delicous and ready in 10-20 minutes.

My daughter hates boxed mac & cheese but I am still a lazy mom, so we're all about a quick and easy stovetop mac & cheese made from scratch. I'm lazy about typing out instructions, but this is basically it, but we don't add black pepper (until after the fact, for grown-ups who dig it). Usually with parmigiano reggiano and/or pecorino romano, because Baby Glitter prefers "salty cheese" and farfalle, because who doesn't like bow-ties?

My daughter hates boxed mac & cheese but I am still a lazy mom, so we're all about a quick and easy stovetop mac & cheese made from scratch. I'm lazy about typing out instructions, but this is basically it, but we don't add black pepper (until after the fact, for grown-ups who dig it). Usually with parmigiano reggiano and/or pecorino romano, because Baby Glitter prefers "salty cheese" and farfalle, because who doesn't like bow-ties?
I love Smitten Kitchen. That and BudgetBytes. I love pasta most of all. I'll take this to the drunken appreciation thread in a minute.

I no longer eat wheat and if I do I go gluten-free, but I love the Lotus noodles and red lentil noodles

First time posting a picture from my phone... Hope it goes well.

Cherry tomatoes sauteed in some garlic until it gets all jammy, then finish with some basil... easiest pasta sauce ever. Makes for a good, quick lunch.

Back