Non-Vinyl Online Deals

wokeupnew

Hello, use this thread to post non-vinyl online deals. It might be a good place to talk about some Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials you come across for electronics, housewares, sales on Holiday shopping etc.

Yes!!! Please post any furniture sites. Trying to get a dining table lol
Oh and any winter wear stuff

So basically I wanted to find a thread like this to ask about online Laptop sales for BF/CM.

My girlfriend is using my old college laptop after hers broke a while back. It's a 2011 Lenovo ThinkPad. Great laptop but it's age is catching up to it like with all electronics, so I'm looking to get her a new one.

Ideally looking for a Laptop with at least i5 processor, 128GB SSD, 8GBs of RAM all for ideally less than $400.

Does anyone have a laptop that fits this bill they like that they would recommend?

I’ve been meaning to get on board the instant pot train and the Ultra (with the better controls) got chopped down in price. 6qt at $80, 8qt at $97 which is like 45% off either.
I was going to say the same except I went cheap with the Duo since the 8qt is only $65, which I think is the cheapest it has ever been on Amazon. Looking forward to making quicker stocks and soups.

I was going to say the same except I went cheap with the Duo since the 8qt is only $65, which I think is the cheapest it has ever been on Amazon. Looking forward to making quicker stocks and soups.
That's the one I have and its lovely.

We're looking for a new couch, but preferably something that isn't absurdly expensive. Any couch deals going on?

We're looking for a new couch, but preferably something that isn't absurdly expensive. Any couch deals going on?
Check your local dumpster.

In all seriousness though, have you considered buying gently used? Couches are like cars in that they lose most, if not all their value shortly after purchase. I’m sure you can find a 1-2 year used couch on something like OfferUp, Facebook Markeplace, NextDoor, etc.

Buying new is almost always going to be a rip off in the long run. Whereas plenty of moving families would rather sell an existing couch for cheap and buy a new one than to have it take up a bunch of space in the moving truck.

Check your local dumpster.

In all seriousness though, have you considered buying gently used? Couches are like cars in that they lose most, if not all their value shortly after purchase. I’m sure you can find a 1-2 year used couch on something like OfferUp, Facebook Markeplace, NextDoor, etc.

Buying new is almost always going to be a rip off in the long run. Whereas plenty of moving families would rather sell an existing couch for cheap and buy a new one than to have it take up a bunch of space in the moving truck.
I honestly hadn't even thought of doing that, but now I'm going to start taking a look around and see if there's anything. I've seen some okay priced ones on some sites, but the lower price makes me think it's low for a reason.

anyway, thanks for the help. I haven't tried looking around for slightly used ones.

I honestly hadn't even thought of doing that, but now I'm going to start taking a look around and see if there's anything. I've seen some okay priced ones on some sites, but the lower price makes me think it's low for a reason.

anyway, thanks for the help. I haven't tried looking around for slightly used ones.
Only speaking from experience, as we shelled out $2k-ish for a wraparound about 4 years ago. We love it, but it’s starting to show its age and we’d be lucky to get $200 for it at this point. Next time we move we’ll likely give it away.

If you like enamel pins, stickers, buttons, '90s nostalgia, and getting small gifts for friends and family early, my pin shop is 20% off for Black Friday/Shop Small Saturday/Something Else Sunday/Cyber Monday. :cool:

www.shopmintplusplus.com

Checkout code is BF20.

Do you have an IKEA near you?

I have the VIMLE and STOCKSUND which are both decent. The KIVIK is also really good, a friend has it and it’s super comfy. They’re also relatively inexpensive. I can’t justify spending more than $1000 on a couch even though it’s probably worth it for how often you sit on one.

Do you have an IKEA near you?

I have the VIMLE and STOCKSUND which are both decent. The KIVIK is also really good, a friend has it and it’s super comfy. They’re also relatively inexpensive. I can’t justify spending more than $1000 on a couch even though it’s probably worth it for how often you sit on one.
We looked around ikea last time we were there but yeah the closest is Atlanta. We can’t really transport it back, and their shipping is pricey for couches. But they got nice stuff.

We looked around ikea last time we were there but yeah the closest is Atlanta. We can’t really transport it back, and their shipping is pricey for couches. But they got nice stuff.
The VIMLE couch we bought is the large 3-cushion version and even though it was like $500, shipping was $60 which is kinda a lot but still better than spending $800+ elsewhere. Only downside was that it took 2 weeks to be delivered.

These seem to be getting sucked up fast, but it's at Target so you might be able to get a Rain Check on it.

For you streamers or cable cutters on the fence, this is a great deal :)
TARGET
1575208734820.png

Back