Nom nom nom - Food Thread

Am I right in thinking there were some folk with Ooni's on here? Researching for a purchase, so looking for any insights. Considering getting one with dual fuel options. Where do folks get their wood chips from?
I have a Koda 16, propane only.

For the wood fired models, seems like any standard wood pellets will do. In the US they stock them at hardware stores and farm supply.

Am I right in thinking there were some folk with Ooni's on here? Researching for a purchase, so looking for any insights. Considering getting one with dual fuel options. Where do folks get their wood chips from?
I'm guaranteed to get like a whole fortnight of nonstop ooni ads from me reading this and I just don't have the space right now dammit!

Toasted sourdough kaiser pulled pork, cooked in house for 17 hours, sandwich topped with melted cheese 🧀, BBQ sauce, coleslaw and pickles with a side Greek salad 🥗 😋
20210901_131354.jpg

My first impression is it’s kinda nifty, but it also maybe seems like a method of selling meal kits with a special oven.

Yea I hear that. I will pass on the meal kit part of it. I think I may do a trial. Cooking takes so much time. I’ve been talking to a chef friend about it. My electric stove is a pain.

Yea I hear that. I will pass on the meal kit part of it. I think I may do a trial. Cooking takes so much time. I’ve been talking to a chef friend about it. My electric stove is a pain.
Genuinely curious to get some first hand impressions!

1634168610378.jpeg
1634168619523.jpeg

Made a 6 quart pot of chili that contained 1 Carolina Reaper and 2 Ghost Peppers.

Very good. Not too spicy, I was expecting to have my mouth on fire. But it wasn't bad at all.

I didn't add much for chili seasoning because of the peppers. I think it needs a little more flavoring the next time I make it.

I have 1 freezer back full of Carolina Reapers and 2 full of Ghost peppers.

Back