No Buy Vinyl February Challenge! 2/7-3/6/21

Dirtbag Auntie

FEBRUARY 2021 - NO BUY VINYL THREAD CHALLENGE - 2/7/21-3/6/21

Are you looking to cut down or eliminate your vinyl spending this month? Do you have records in your collection that you bought and literally spun once or twice and forgotten you even had? Do you STILL have sealed records that need to be opened and played because records are meant to be listened to and are not collector's items?

This. is. the. challenge. for. you. Let's get these albums spun and enjoyed instead of stalking the deals or pre-order thread to overstuff your shelves.

The rules:

-Be cool. Don't bring your fresh grabs in here and brag.
-Don't try to sell yr unwanted vinyl here (bro).
-We are on the honor system here.

How it works:

-Go through your collection and identify records that were in your collection before 2/1/21 that are super neglected!
-Take a pic of them getting spun. You can post in this thread. Please do not post your records in the No Buy Vinyl Support thread. We do not want to trigger any purchases and be supportive there.
-Get pointsssssssss
-Top 3 members with the most points get donations made in their names to their local food bank or animal shelters/rescues.

Pointsssss:

We are going 1 record, 1 point this month. If you post 28 records or more during the month, you get a bonus 28 points!

Prizes:

- First Place gets $50 donated to their local food bank or animal shelter/rescue!
- Second Place gets $30 donated to their local food bank or animal shelter/rescue!
- Third Place gets $20 donated to their local food bank or animal shelter/rescue!

Questions?
Tag me or message me.

Let's spin some neglected records.

(Next month's challenge is going to be PIF, Sell, Keep!)

Does it have to be from the start of Feb or can you hop on in mid month. I need a breather for sure

I’ll start off!

I got this a few years ago and it was redic warped so it got shelved after just sitting in the flattened without heat for a long while.

I just cleaned it and it sounds amazing.

Janet Jackson - Unbreakable
42CA2D09-1967-40B7-A7A2-16F2B669A33C.jpeg

I’ll jump in on this challenge!

Nico - Chelsea Girl

This album was included in a Velvet Underground box set I purchased over a year ago. I think I’ve only spun this once or twice. Which is a shame, because it’s a lovely album.

8D9559F6-5075-4B36-8076-97F7752BBF23.jpeg

I’ve been listening to stacks of records! I didn’t get pics of them on the turntable though. I’ll try to post a pic of everything! Great work everyone!

I’ve been listening to stacks of records! I didn’t get pics of them on the turntable though. I’ll try to post a pic of everything! Great work everyone!
Doesn’t count then.....broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

o

Record 5: Prince Fatty presents Hollie Cook in Dub
I freaking love this one, I should play it more.
A5F35894-96D4-474D-BA68-8C1BB38CEC72.jpeg

Back