New Music Friday!

Now that we're back into the swing of real releases coming out again, let's get this thread going!

Today is a great day for new music with the Mac Miller, Marcus King and Halsey albums dropping. Plus a surprise drop from Eminem! What else should be on my radar?
I'm def checking out the new The Innocence Mission for some lo-fi tunes, and then I'll hit up the new Of Montreal once I finish work today to get in the festive mood.

I'm def checking out the new The Innocence Mission for some lo-fi tunes, and then I'll hit up the new Of Montreal once I finish work today to get in the festive mood.
I need to listen to Innocence Mission again but it was pleasant enough as background music.
new Pinegrove is out today too, I think
I listened to this the other day. I quite enjoyed this.

Little Big Town isn’t usually on my radar but it’s been the standout of what I’ve listened to so far today.

Has anyone checked out Marlaena Moore? This came out before the holidays but I just found out about her through Jim Bryson's instagram. I'm looking forward to hearing the album this spring.

After going through the NPR New Music playlist, the songs from these artists stood out:

Jeff Parker
Bonny Light Horseman
Okay Kaya
Pet Shop Boys
Wire

Listening to the full albums now!

Nicole Atkins has announced some shows in Texas with The War and the Treaty. I'm hoping she announces more on the east coast that includes The War and the Treaty.

(I just tried to make an anagram of The War and the Treaty because that's a long name to type out each time. It isn't appropriate, lol)
Thanks for the laugh. I’m having a pretty shit day at work and it was the first laugh that didn’t make my staff ask if I was okay all day.

Been listening to this Ethan Gruska album on repeat since yesterday:

He's been working as a producer for Phoebe Bridgers & also has a collab with her on this album

If you like this album, please please please check out his previous album, Slowmotionary. It was released in 2017 (same year as Goodnight Rhonda Lee) and I think about choosing it for my N&G AOTM month. It is a minimalistic and stunningly beautiful album. It isn't right for every mood but it is absolutely perfect for *that* mood you're in. That chill, melancholy, grey mood.

I'm waiting for this (it's out today) and I'm resisting from streaming it....
but the reviews are VERY VERY GOOD!

Back