Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 24 - June 2021 // Calliope Musicals - Color/Sweat

I can't keep up!

SQKO.gif

(That what I really look like on a treadmill, btw. Evil things.)

So there will be a record at the end, right?

I can't keep up!

SQKO.gif

(That what I really look like on a treadmill, btw. Evil things.)

So there will be a record at the end, right?
yes, I'm gonna say a bunch of things over the next few weeks and people will eliminate guesses. sort of an Animal, Vegetable, Mineral? deal.

then I will confirm what it is.

.... or that's how it's supposed to go. in reality, as you can see, it will probably be a couple dudes talking shit, everyone else just talking, and then one person miraculously landing on the album in 2 days so we have nothing else to do.

hopefully some food conversations. I love food.

So not there right now?

i.e. not one of these?

I forgot about one for this year since there was only a few hundred artists for SXSW virtual. I will confirm that the artist is not on The Austin 100 for 2021.

yes, I'm gonna say a bunch of things over the next few weeks and people will eliminate guesses. sort of an Animal, Vegetable, Mineral? deal.

then I will confirm what it is.

.... or that's how it's supposed to go. in reality, as you can see, it will probably be a couple dudes talking shit, everyone else just talking, and then one person miraculously landing on the album in 2 days so we have nothing else to do.

hopefully some food conversations. I love food.

I forgot about one for this year since there was only a few hundred artists for SXSW virtual. I will confirm that the artist is not on The Austin 100 for 2021.

On the other hand, does this confirm that the artist was at a previous SXSW? I suppose that doesn't eliminate much, but it's something....

So wait for it - Ive spent “some minutes”. on a guess. And it’s actually based on a couple of the very loose clues and my huge mouthful of assumption.
But for the first time I have a guess which wasn’t given to me in a dream after bathing in a bath full of wine.
So for what it’s worth I’m going for this artist (actually never heard of him)

Israel Nash - Album choice a bit of a stab in the dark but gone for 2021 Topaz. Although that’s an EP so maybe should go for 2018s “Lifted”

Given Ive made a modicum of effort I’m gonna spend this rainy Saturday morning listening to it.

Last edited:
I'll admit you said it better. But my point still stands.

Yeah I don’t think it’s a wrong conclusion, the odds are that it’s more likely that a female artist(s) will be celebrated this month. Just the way it’s written and the language creates a tone that I don’t think is present or warranted.

Back