Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 23 - May 2021 // Harmony Woods - Make Yourself at Home

siremobunny

Last edited:
Guesses

Paula Abdul - Forever Your GIF (@Teeeee)
Dogleg - Melee (@Colonel_Angus)
Max Bygraves - The world of Max Bygraves (@ByersVinyl)
Laurent Garnier ‎– The Man With The Red Face (@cul8er)
The Breeders - Pod (@Jan)
Frightened Rabbit - The Winter of Mixed Drinks (@MadLucas)
Bright Eyes - Fevers and Mirrors (@debianlinux)
AJJ - People Who Can Eat People Are the Luckiest People in the World (@duke86fan)
Prince - Around the World in a Day (@duke86fan)
Hop Along - Bark Your Head Off, Dog (@WhiteDahlias)
Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost (@duke86fan)
Balance and Composure - The Things We Think We're Missing (@bfly)
A Sunny Day in Glasgow - Sea When Absent (@Ericj32)
Ruston Kelly - Shape and Destroy or Dirt Emo Vol. 1(@Jonathan Y)
Man Man - Dream Hunting in the Valley of the In-Between (@Ericj32)

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER: This post is just a joke. This is not the actual AOTM. Please resume guessing.

HOLD ON....HALT the presses.... after much deliberation, I've decided that my album selection is immense enough that you may require two months to fully digest it. That said, I've decided that, instead of doing the whole guessing game thing, i'm going to reveal the album today.... right now, in fact.

I present to you, the May AOTM.... the eponymous debut album of Wilson Phillips

Wilson_Phillips_Debut.jpeg

Unfortunately, this release isn't currently in press on vinyl or hasn't been since a few random Spanish and South African pressings upon its release in 1990, so for this month only, let's kick this club back to the new old-school, and acquire CD (that's compact disc, for you young'uns who are only familiar with vinyl), or even a cassette copy, if you can track one down. Let's skip the formalities, bring this beautiful and EMOtional album into our minds, and let the discussion begin!

Last edited:
Since it is no longer April 1st in some forum members' neck of the woods, I am back to announce, in case it wasn't blatantly obvious, that the premature album announcement was but a hoax, and the AOTM is not actually Wilson Phillips' self-titled album. I realize this may disappoint some, in which case I'd be happy to host a Wilson Phillips listening party in the JQBX sometime this month.

That said, the first clue was real, and applies to the actual AOTM, and I will drop a second clue tomorrow to make up for today's chicanery.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled guessing and speculating!

I repeat...the post above was nothing more than April Fools Day gag (...or was it? 🧐)

DISCLAIMER: This post is just a joke. This is not the actual AOTM. Please resume guessing.

HOLD ON....HALT the presses.... after much deliberation, I've decided that my album selection is immense enough that you may require two months to fully digest it. That said, I've decided that, instead of doing the whole guessing game thing, i'm going to reveal the album today.... right now, in fact.

I present to you, the May AOTM.... the eponymous debut album of Wilson Phillips

Wilson_Phillips_Debut.jpeg

Unfortunately, this release isn't currently in press on vinyl or hasn't been since a few random Spanish and South African pressings upon its release in 1990, so for this month only, let's kick this club back to the new old-school, and acquire CD (that's compact disc, for you young'uns who are only familiar with vinyl), or even a cassette copy, if you can track one down. Let's skip the formalities, bring this beautiful and EMOtional album into our minds, and let the discussion begin!
This is a good album. I will defend it.

Let’s fucking go!

Back