Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 15 - September 2020 /// 15-60-75 (The Numbers Band) 'Jimmy Bell's Still In Town' - Win A Prize Box!

how old of a reissue might be considered enough to be removed from an official store/band website..

and since this is probably a more obscure artist and not a label store like now again or Third Man or TROST or LITA
Still in print I guess is all it needs to be. Some pressings are in print for a long time, that's true.

Black Diamond Heavies - Every Damn Time

69C9A5EF-1855-41D4-A324-47643E3D81B0.jpeg

Black Diamond Bay is a Dylan song
This album has songs called Poor Brown Sugar and White Bitch. Bitch and Let it Rock were the B Side songs to The Stones’ Brown Sugar (Let it Rock was written by Chuck Berry).

I'll go with:
Nikki Sudden - Treasure Island
He has covered Chuck Berry and The Stones, and while I can't find a direct line to Bob Dylan, I'll take a crazy guess and say he has been influenced by him over the years, as well as the other artists mentioned.

Hmm, for no other reason than this guy rocks and I would imagine Yer Ol’ Uncle is a fan - I’m gonna take a punt on Bob Mould‘s new album Blue Hearts (though as it is only released in September it’s highly unlikely)
Haha, when N&G does an AOTM for a to be released album, you know, like some folks deem “essential”, we will have jumped the shark.

My initial thoughts based on the clues (a unique voice with story-telling, early influence of black artists, and having worked with Keith Richards several times) is Tom Waits' Bad As Me, which is a dark horse pick... and I don't know if this counts as "artist's page" or what not, butttttt:

Just leaving that there for anyone interested, it's a great album.
I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Back