Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 14 - August 2020 /// Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker

Fugazi - In On The Kill Taker

The album was originally recorded by Steve Albini, but rerecorded with Don Zientara and Ted Niceley. There is also a classical reimagining by s t a r g a z e & Greg Saunier.
ALERT ALERT
(I strongly believe that) the AOTM is not the actual Fugazi-In On The Kill Taker
but its reinterpretation by stargaze & Greg Saunier

It was @Thackeraye himself that mentioned that his choice of the month was similar to the Max Richter Album we had last month, as a reinterpretation of a classic.

Feel free to go ahead and order the Fugazi album, but be aware that if you want this month AOTM you will probably have to buy a second (different) version of the same album.

ALERT ALERT
(I strongly believe that) the AOTM is not the actual Fugazi-In On The Kill Taker
but its reinterpretation by stargaze & Greg Saunier

It was @Thackeraye himself that mentioned that his choice of the month was similar to the Max Richter Album we had last month, as a reinterpretation of a classic.

Feel free to go ahead and order the Fugazi album, but be aware that if you want this month AOTM you will probably have to buy a second (different) version of the same album.
i’m not so sure
Sorry guessers, took a day off the forum yesterday.

Second week of the thread, so I’m going to start tying all of the clues up. Think of the first week as laying the groundwork.

With this in mind, here’s a couple of clues:

1) This album was not produced by Steve Albini;
2) This album has had a Max Richter style reimagining;
3) My vinyl copy of the album turned up yesterday.

I don’t think @Thackeraye chose the reinterpretation just that it was interpreted - @Joe Mac suggested the same and i think @Thackeraye gave that post the thumbs up

i’m not so sure

I don’t think @Thackeraye chose the reinterpretation just that it was interpreted - @Joe Mac suggested the same and i think @Thackeraye gave that post the thumbs up
I have gone back and re-read @Thackeraye clue associated with the Richter's album.... and I believe you are right.

so IT IS
Fugazi-In On the Kill Taker

All go ahead and buy this record!

OK, formal announcement will be on Wednesday, but congrats to @thebrianjackson, @gaporter, and the rest of the team who have guessed correctly! Thought I had given it away by putting up the Marillion clue first, bad luck to @Joe Mac for picking the wrong album!

If you can, I’d appreciate it if the US folk at least could try and buy direct from Dischord Records if you can. For those of you who already have the album I have a couple of options for alternatives should you still wish to get involved. I’m going to add some supplementary material to the first page if you want to dig deeper into the album as well.

Also, there is a hidden clue in my posts in this thread! I’ve used a turn of phrase that related to a thread in the forum. Your hint - catalogue number halved = ?

Ugh I should have pulled the trigger on buying from dischord earlier. Currently showing Out of Stock.

EDIT: bandcamp has some copies for $15

Last edited:
For UK folk, I have a copy on order from Rough Trade, but got what I think was the last copy from Norman Records. My copy has a small edge warp, so I'm going to wait on the other one and PIF the spare. I think Amazon UK still has copies.

Amazon UK doesn’t have any copies but the US resellers rarewaves and allyourmusic have loads of copies for sale in the marketplace. They do, in my experience, take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive.

OK, formal announcement will be on Wednesday, but congrats to @thebrianjackson, @gaporter, and the rest of the team who have guessed correctly! Thought I had given it away by putting up the Marillion clue first, bad luck to @Joe Mac for picking the wrong album!

If you can, I’d appreciate it if the US folk at least could try and buy direct from Dischord Records if you can. For those of you who already have the album I have a couple of options for alternatives should you still wish to get involved. I’m going to add some supplementary material to the first page if you want to dig deeper into the album as well.

Also, there is a hidden clue in my posts in this thread! I’ve used a turn of phrase that related to a thread in the forum. Your hint - catalogue number halved = ?
Also sorry, I bought from my local.

Back