Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 14 - August 2020 /// Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker

I was into punk and hardcore in college. Fugazi didn’t click with me then, so for years I thought “I don’t like Fugazi.” I was therefore alarmed that a Fugazi album is the frontrunner because I’ve been fortunate enough to be a N&G completionist so far. What was I to do?

So I took a listen this morning.

Turns out, I DO like Fugazi (or at least I like “In on the Kill Taker”). Hooray! And even if the AoTM ends up being something else entirely, this thread made me reevaluate something i had dismissed a long time ago, which is one of the many reasons I love this forum.

So for tonight I've followed @Skalap 's suggestion to have goat cheese with orange jam, which was mentioned in the June thread. Me and my boyfriend have added some raspberry jam, cheddar from Ireland, cashew nuts and sweet mustard. It's really delicious. 🙂😋

View attachment 56143
That looks really good!
Any beverages?

Last edited:
I've only ever consumed Fugazi's music in casual doses and dont think I've ever actually sat down and listened to a whole album, so this will be an interesting pick for me. Excited to give it a go nevertheless!

Yeah me too, I’ve actually seen them live twice without ever owning an album or sitting down to pay attention to songs...

They were great even if i didn’t know what the songs were 😂

I pulled an everyone else and ordered the Fugazi record. I love Fugazi and do not currently have enough in my collection. I remember digging this one back in the day. My local had it. Bam. Done deal. Also Dischord vinyl is cheap. (Fuck the Avetts)
In on the kill taker is my favorite of theirs. I don't think they made a bad album but i'm particularly attached to this one.
Talking about fugazi. I think the coriky album is really strong and finding a midway ground between the evens anf fugazi.

That looks really good!
Any beverages?

Thank you 🙂
We had some regular German beer (Becks Gold) with this; it actually did fit amazingly well to the cheese and jam. 🧀🍻

I'm just listening to the Fugazi album online. It's the first time for me and I think it's very good. ⚡ It's something I want to play loudly haha. 👍

Back