Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 14 - August 2020 /// Fugazi - In on the Kill Taker

damn, I missed this whole thread while off dealing with life. I love Fugazi though! looking forward to picking up this record and spending some time with it, and will prob do a dive back through the clues.

great pick.

Yep, book was a great read. Loved all the context and pointers to music. Dig the history section as well as the dive into each track.
I had seen the Trash Theory video I linked to before I read the book, and it’s interesting to see how much the book inspired the video.

I think I’ll dip into the series and read the ones based on the albums I love.

Shh.... don’t tell Joe this, but that’s cause Radiohead is boring.
oh no, the writing on that book is just....not great. dude starts analysing the song durations and how much of a song, percentage-wise, has vocals and whatever. I got it for like $4 on ebay and I feel I vastly overpaid for the book. And OKComputer is one of my favorite Radiohead albums.

I picked this up too a few weeks ago @Thackeraye - went on hols and well it’s not turned up yet - will have to chase that up. Apologies for lack of response to your reveal - just bad timing for me last month when it comes to having decent listening time. But i did go out on a few runs and listen - Not sure it helped my times but it convinced me to buy it. Not my usually comfort zone or so i thought... Not at all what i expected- got to a point i’m nicely familiar with the album which is where i like to reach.
If i can’tzone in to each track and mentally recover them then i know it’s just not triggering with me - Well done !!! I Hope mines well received.....

I picked this up too a few weeks ago @Thackeraye - went on hols and well it’s not turned up yet - will have to chase that up. Apologies for lack of response to your reveal - just bad timing for me last month when it comes to having decent listening time. But i did go out on a few runs and listen - Not sure it helped my times but it convinced me to buy it. Not my usually comfort zone or so i thought... Not at all what i expected- got to a point i’m nicely familiar with the album which is where i like to reach.
If i can’tzone in to each track and mentally recover them then i know it’s just not triggering with me - Well done !!! I Hope mines well received.....
Have you seen any these Jimmy Watkins reviews? He used to play guitar with Future of the Left and before that was a professional runner. He’s now running for fun and is putting up videos of him listening to punk/metal while running.

Have you seen any these Jimmy Watkins reviews? He used to play guitar with Future of the Left and before that was a professional runner. He’s now running for fun and is putting up videos of him listening to punk/metal while running.

So i checked it out
2 comments :
he is a very enthusiastic listener.
How can he talk so much whilst running !!!
It’s not that easy for me 😫

Wow
I feel like I burned some calories just from watching this.

Edit: I need some Future of the Left and some Mclusky on vinyl

The AoTM wrong record curse strikes again!

Oh yeah, it was in one of those "frustration free" packages and the barcode stickers on the outside clearly said Fugazi In On The Kill Taker.

I have a feeling it may be generalized over there like the other time because they just received new stock. I returned it and I'll look somewhere else.

Oh yeah, it was in one of those "frustration free" packages and the barcode stickers on the outside clearly said Fugazi In On The Kill Taker.

I have a feeling it may be generalized over there like the other time because they just received new stock. I returned it and I'll look somewhere else.
Not for nothing, it was cheaper than Amazon’s normal price at my local.

It’s only $15 plus shipping straight from Dischord:

I know shipping is probably a bitch to the great white north.

Not for nothing, it was cheaper than Amazon’s normal price at my local.

It’s only $15 plus shipping straight from Dischord:

I know shipping is probably a bitch to the great white north.

Yeah, it unfortunately comes out to a little under US$35 shipped this way. Amazon.ca had it for CAN$27. I'll just wait a bit and give it another go. A couple of my usual canadian online stores have it for even cheaper but they're OOS.

Back