Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 10- April 2020 —Patrick Sweany-Every Hour is a Dollar Gone

Neal Francis - Changes

***AHEM***pardon my reach**

"Francis has captured an inspired collection of songs steeped in New Orleans rhythms, Chicago blues, and early 70s rock n’ roll"

The Cover is a combo of Orange letters, Green felt table, red background

That's my best for now lol
I don’t think that is it based on the I haven’t seen this mentioned much bit.

I don’t think that is it based on the I haven’t seen this mentioned much bit.
I’d be kinda surprised if it’s anything Colemine both for the same reason and because we know that @Crabbers has been the one banging that drum since the very beginning.

I was using my Pako strategy and finding a vague post that could suggest this was the pick. Crabbers made a status a while back so that's how I got here to guess one lol

So obviously that was a faux pas...

My guess based on it being from Ohio is clearly not an album called Iowa...

I was actually looking at a page on Ohio music on wiki when I did that too 🤦🏻‍♂️

So I take this to mean the artist is from Ohio or the album mentions Ohio in some way. Or the significant part is what is blotted out.

Idk. I mostly just throw stuff out hoping someone more observant than me knows what do with it :D

it’s this hoodie that Colemine sell as far as I can tell. Which feels like it’s trolling me for saying it won’t be Colemine above

😂😂😂

299388AC-4B32-4D1F-B5D2-D2BAACF819FE.jpeg

If it’s just genre I would maybe guess Honey by The Ohio players, but I can’t get the colours to match, they did have a song called Over The Rainbow but on a different album. if it’s Colemine then Orgone seems to be the lead guess.

Also...does anyone care if I announce the RoTM on Thursday, March 19? I’ll be out of town March 20-28 (bachelor party in Arizona then flying to Chicago for a few days) and don’t know if I’ll be able to keep up;)

You pick, but that dosent seem too early. Around the 20th is kinda normal unless you get rumbled very early like @ThePakoBuelna

Last edited:
So the obvious one is Black Pumas, with all the "colors" hints and the Colemine hint. Because as we all know, Black Pumas is very underrepresented on the forum...
riding that N&G hype train of this album, listened as background music a few times and I'm pretty sure this is the first attentive listen. this one's pretty good.

Black Pumas - S/T
View attachment 9202
Black Pumas - Black Pumas
View attachment 9306

Hot damn , this album cooks. Excited to see them this fall in SF! Though I'm getting tons of noise/clicks on the last two songs on side A. Anyone else cc @Plaid Room / Colemine ??
Black Pumas made it here, get on that table!

View attachment 9526
Black Pumas ‎– Black Pumas
ATO Records ‎– ATLP291, 2019

Creme with Red & Black Splatter variant

Pressed at GZ

6RtZu4.jpg

f92mN0.jpg
Saw the Black Pumas last night.. Good record, but doesn’t do them justice. The live show was truly special. Love the inner sleeve photo. Should have been the cover.View attachment 12793View attachment 12794
Black Pumas is 🔥💥

So good it got spun twice :)

Black Pumas ‎Black Pumas
ATO Records [ATO0503] - 2019
View attachment 14165
View attachment 20727Black Pumas self titled. In honor of securing tickets for their upcoming show.
A bit of Black Pumas before lunch, and then Kings of Leon after. Because of the times has my favourite KOL track on it - Knocked Up. Absolutely adore that melodic baseline.

View attachment 23079
View attachment 23080
My first spin of the 2020s:

Black Pumas - s/t

View attachment 28219
View attachment 29051View attachment 29052

Black Pumas!
Had to be done!
Only one way this night is going to go!!😁
Black Pumas

Not listened to this for a while. Seeing @Lee Newman spinning it inspired me to spin it, it’s still amazing, I still think they’re even better live!

View attachment 29501View attachment 29500
2020 Complete Collection Play Through: Album #56
Black Pumas ‎– Black Pumas
ATO Records ‎[ATO0503] - 2019
View attachment 31229
My collection #73

Black Pumas

I'm not sure about all the soul revival artists but this album I like. Thanks N&G folk for bringing it, belatedly, to my attention.

View attachment 32591
Black Pumas- .So good!! My best new LP
purchase in a while!.
Buddies and myself picked
Dirty Honey in Grand Rapids
Instead of these guys in
Detroit.. DH was good but
feel we missed out on this View attachment 33875

So the obvious one is Black Pumas, with all the "colors" hints and the Colemine hint. Because as we all know, Black Pumas is very underrepresented on the forum...

Yeah that was my first instinct because of colours and the fact that by this stage it’s been pressed In 7 billion different variants and so the there has to be at least one of each of those colours on vinyl...

That said I can’t see @Crabbers picking an album most of us already have. BTW it seems I‘ve spun that pretty regularly, one thing though, better live!

Yeah that was my first instinct because of colours and the fact that by this stage it’s been pressed In 7 billion different variants and so the there has to be at least one of each of those colours on vinyl...

That said I can’t see @Crabbers picking an album most of us already have. BTW it seems I‘ve spun that pretty regularly, one thing though, better live!
Agreed on the better live comment...and it’s not Black Pumas;)

Back