Need help finding a good replacement...

eatdogs

One of my "darling" children did this. My fault for loosing the cover cap.

I was eventually wanting to replace the factory needle anyway. Need some help finding a good replacement.

Maximum I'm trying to spend is $200. Should I replace the cartridge or stylus? Turn Table Lab has these Nagaoka cartridges and stylus for a good price it seems. The MP-110 looks tempting...

Still I'm not sure if these are worth the money. Need some help please! Thanks y'all.

PXL_20211022_204006289.jpgPXL_20211022_204029984.jpgPXL_20211022_204014502.jpg

One of my "darling" children did this. My fault for loosing the cover cap.

I was eventually wanting to replace the factory needle anyway. Need some help finding a good replacement.

Maximum I'm trying to spend is $200. Should I replace the cartridge or stylus? Turn Table Lab has these Nagaoka cartridges and stylus for a good price it seems. The MP-110 looks tempting...

Still I'm not sure if these are worth the money. Need some help please! Thanks y'all.

View attachment 115461View attachment 115463View attachment 115462
Your call on replacing just the stylus, which I think is your least expensive route, and getting a new cartridge. Under $200 I'll cast my vote for a Goldring E3 ;)

Your call on replacing just the stylus, which I think is your least expensive route, and getting a new cartridge. Under $200 I'll cast my vote for a Goldring E3 ;)

yeah if it’s the new VM95 I think the micro line stylus would be the way I’d go.

If it’s the older 95 I’d defer to you with the Goldring, I’ve not had a full cartridge at that price range since I got rid of the 2M red almost 4 years ago!

The Nagaoka is a well regarded cartridge. It’s likely to be a bit warmer than your present one.

But, if it were me (and I’d liked the cartridge previously), I’d just replace the stylus until the kids got older! I waited until my youngest was 12 before investing in a Hana SL after my Ortofon 2M Blue stylus had been trashed earlier.

Back