Music in French?

This thread just somehow jogged my memory of really enjoying Tryo nearly 20 years ago. I'm gonna have to revisit them and see what I think now.

I found the MC Solaar reissue - FNAC and Amazon.fr have it at the moment. Probably a matter of time before it hits some Quebec locals so I'll keep an eye out.

Haha, yeah them and Sinsemilla (know them?) were on heavy rotation back in the day. I probably wouldn’t enjoy it as much I think.

Not sure I know Sinsemilla, but that's not to say I haven't heard them along the way. I mostly know Tryo because Grain De Sable was a major part of the soundtrack on a roadtrip I did with a couple friends from the Rockies to Quebec back in '04. We listened to it a lot! Especially "Sortez-Les" - that was my jam!

@Skalap has a ton of French albums from what I remember. Lots of French rap I think?

Mostly French rap yes but also French music in general.

Recently i listened a lot of Pomme and Ben Mazue (they even did a song together, song that I LOVE named J'attends).

Angèle is very good, she is Belgian and her albums Brol and Brol La Suite are two recent pop classics sung in French (she did a featuring with Dua Lipa a few months ago).

Hard to find on vinyl are first Keren Ann albums (my favorite is La Disparition that I have yet to find on vinyl) or Coralie Clément firdt album La Salle des Pas Perdus.

I am also a huge fan of Oxmo Puccino who is, in my opinion, the best Frencj lyricist (try L'Enfant Seul from his classic album Opera Puccino).

I love Dominique A too, try his album L'Horizon. He used to make music with Yann Tiersen.

Daniel Darc - Crève-cœur is a beautiful album.

And of course the LEGENDARY Francis Cabrel

Back