Movies

Watched Casper last night for Halloween. It was a favorite growing up, but I hadn’t seen it for several years. Holds up reasonably well. The James Horner score goes a loooonnnng way toward making this work. And that house is still probably the coolest house I’ve ever seen in a movie.
this was one of those movies that, as a kid, I both loved and was scared of. I think I wanna rewatch it now

Watched Casper last night for Halloween. It was a favorite growing up, but I hadn’t seen it for several years. Holds up reasonably well. The James Horner score goes a loooonnnng way toward making this work. And that house is still probably the coolest house I’ve ever seen in a movie.
That piano theme throughout is absolutely beautiful. And I'm not going to lie, as a young man of 12, when Devon Sawa dressed as a pirate whispered "Can I keep you" in Christina Ricci's ear I got my first boy crush. I may not be gay, but I TOTALLY get it.

That piano theme throughout is absolutely beautiful. And I'm not going to lie, as a young man of 12, when Devon Sawa dressed as a pirate whispered "Can I keep you" in Christina Ricci's ear I got my first boy crush. I may not be gay, but I TOTALLY get it.

Yes! Even the way he whispers, "can I keep you?" earlier when he's a ghost and she's falling asleep on his bed - that line could come off so creepy, but it just sneaks out of nowhere and just feels so much like something a scared kid would actually say and kind of ambushes you with how lonely and sweet he is, and suddenly you're tearing up.

POSSESSOR is out on digital and VOD today. Super stoked to finally watch this tonight while hiding from election news. Really loved Brandon Cronenberg's debut film Antiviral, so I've been waiting for this!

After seeing the 'Welcome To Blumhouse' on Prime we have been watching some in the series. So far we have watched The Lie, Black Box and now Fantasy Island. They're generally quite good, kind of like extended Black Mirror episodes. They generally arent ones that you would want to watch again as they really rely on the shock/twist factor, but there seems to be quite a few already out so theres plenty to dig into.

Started watching the Underworld movies today.

They appear to be all on prime. And the first 2 in 4k HDR even.

I only ever saw one underworld movie like 13 years ago. Catching up on them all now.

Paging @Ericj32 (and others who would prob be interested)....

Started watching the Underworld movies today.

They appear to be all on prime. And the first 2 in 4k HDR even.

I only ever saw one underworld movie like 13 years ago. Catching up on them all now.
How Did This Get Made? did a great episode about the Blood Wars installment earlier this year. They have a way of describing movies that makes me enjoy the episodes about flicks that I *haven't* seen almost more than I enjoy the ones that I have.

Interesting. And from Boston as well. I never heard of How Did This Get Made.

New Topic. Anyone here see The New Mutants yet?

Is it worth picking up in 4k for $19.99 or wait for it to hit Disney plus or go on sale?
Haven't seen it, but feel it's probably not necessary to see it to tell you that it's not worth $20 to own.

Interesting. And from Boston as well. I never heard of How Did This Get Made.

New Topic. Anyone here see The New Mutants yet?

Is it worth picking up in 4k for $19.99 or wait for it to hit Disney plus or go on sale?
I think you can rent it for like $6 everywhere now.

last day of vacation, so I’m watching some backlogged Criterion purchases:

The Color of Pomegranates was fascinating and startlingly beautiful, but borderline impenetrable. I will probably need some time to process it.

No such quibbling on The Passion of Joan of Arc, though. I was floored.

Back