Movies

Watched Knives Out for the first time last night. Every good movie with lots of plot twists. Everytime I thought I figured out there was a new twist. This movie is truly as if someone turned the board game Clue into a movie.

Knives out is free for Prime Members to stream. It is $7.99 to buy on any Movies Anywhere Platform in 4k UHD right now. iTunes, Amazon, Vudu, Microsoft, Google Play and so on.

This is definitely on my watchlist. This one would probably work for our next family movie night.

Originally intended for a theatrical release, Greyhound is instead being offered through the Apple-owned streaming service, due to COVID-19 social distancing measures closing theaters around the world. The move to the small screen for a production meant for theaters has led to disappointment for Hanks who refers to the change in plans as "an absolute heartbreak" in an interview with the Guardian.

"I don't mean to make angry my Apple overlords, but there is a difference in picture and sound quality," offers Hanks.

Apple reportedly picked up the movie from Sony Pictures for around $70 million in an auction handled by CAA Media Finance and FilmNation.

Additional movie delays:
  • “The Personal History of David Copperfield” moving to Aug. 28
  • “Death on the Nile” is now debuting on Oct. 23
  • “The Empty Man” will arrive on Dec. 4
  • “The French Dispatch” is unset
  • “Antlers” is now dated Feb. 19, 2021
  • “The Last Duel” will arrive Oct. 15, 2021
  • An untitled Disney Live Action film will take the place of “Avatar 2” on Dec. 16, 2021.
  • “Avatar 2” pushed to Dec. 16, 2022
  • Untitled Star Wars moved to Dec. 22, 2023
  • “Avatar 3” now dated Dec. 20, 2024
  • Untitled Star Wars redated to Dec. 19, 2025
  • “Avatar 4” will arrive Dec. 18, 2026
  • Untitled Star Wars moved to Dec. 17, 2027
  • “Avatar 5” now slated for Dec. 22, 2028
  • “A Quiet Place Part II” will now arrive in theaters on April 23, 2021
  • “Top Gun: Maverick” is due on July 2, 2021
  • “Jackass” moves to Sept. 3, 2021
  • “Sonic the Hedgehog 2” is now set for April 8, 2022
  • “Under the Boardwalk” has been added to the calendar on July 22, 2022
  • “Tiger’s Apprentice” has moved to Feb. 10, 2023

“Avatar 5” now slated for Dec. 22, 2028
giphy.gif

The following movies listed are 4k UHD and at their all time lowest sale price on the iTunes store currently. Every movie on this list is $4.99 to purchase on iTunes.

So Disney is pushing back a bunch of stuff, but still has the next Pixar film Soul slated for November? Hmm. I wonder if they just end up dropping it on Disney+. It was supposed to come out this summer originally. I guess it depends on how much they stand behind it. I assume they pulled Mulan completely because they think it's going to be such a huge money-maker.

Watched Knives Out for the first time last night. Every good movie with lots of plot twists. Everytime I thought I figured out there was a new twist. This movie is truly as if someone turned the board game Clue into a movie.

Knives out is free for Prime Members to stream. It is $7.99 to buy on any Movies Anywhere Platform in 4k UHD right now. iTunes, Amazon, Vudu, Microsoft, Google Play and so on.

So we did watch that last night for a family movie night. Lots of fun! Rian Johnson did a good job playing around with the tropes of the genre and subverting them. Great visuals as always.

Was waffling on putting this in the Problematic thread (maybe we can just continue conversation there edit: it's continuing over there) but thought it was relevant to our conversation a week or two ago:

Shane Carruth tweeted this picture of the UC soundtrack a few weeks ago:

Recently, some more eagleeyed viewers noticed that in the lower right-hand corner is a restraining order from Amy Seimetz. The assumption is that, since Seimetz has a movie coming out, he's trying to rattle her, or drum up press to force her to have to address it in interviews. Which is incredibly odious, but also in line with having a restraining order.

This is very disappointing.

Last edited:
Was waffling on putting this in the Problematic thread (maybe we can just continue conversation there edit: it's continuing over there) but thought it was relevant to our conversation a week or two ago:

Shane Carruth tweeted this picture of the UC soundtrack a few weeks ago:

Recently, some more eagleeyed viewers noticed that in the lower right-hand corner is a restraining order from Amy Seimetz. The assumption is that, since Seimetz has a movie coming out, he's trying to rattle her, or drum up press to force her to have to address it in interviews. Which is incredibly odious, but also in line with having a restraining order.

This is very disappointing.

I have no idea what’s going on and maybe the there is more info available regarding the situation that I am not privy to but this seems super speculative and presumptuous if people are only working off a small bit of a document that can be seen in this photo and drawing the conclusions you listed. I have no idea what is going on but I would not want to speculate without a lot more information especially when people are questioning his character.

Last edited:
I have no idea what’s going on and maybe the there is more info available regarding the situation that I am not privy to but this seems super speculative and presumptuous if people are only working off a small bit of a document that can be seen in this photo and drawing the conclusions you listed. I have no idea what is going on but I would not want to speculate without a lot more information especially when people are questioning his character.
Bit more context starting here, including that this is evidently not the first time she has sought an RO against him. At the very least, it's evidence of continued appeals to legal remedies for allegations of domestic violence. Beyond that, I agree that it's pretty difficult to read into his intentions in posting this, although it's too strange and too carefully composed to be accidental. I think there can be a presumption that the intent exists without knowing specifically what that intent is.

So I’ve added 14 Criterion movies to my collection this sale and my budget currently allows for 4-5 more. I can’t make up my mind on what to buy. I’ll take any and all suggestions.

current collection is:

The 400 Blows
Band of Outsiders
Brazil
Certified Copy
Close-up
Come and See
M
The Night of the Hunter
Notorious
Portrait of a Lady on Fire
Stalker
Tree of Life
The Wages of Fear
Wild Strawberries

I’m very light on Asian cinema. So that is something I’m wanting to target (Seven Samurai is basically sold out everywhere). I was thinking Ikiru and In the Mood for Love as 2 choices. I also considered Woman in the Dunes, House, Tokyo Story, and Brighter Summer Day. But some other favorites like Paris, Texas and Days of Heaven and Breathless are calling my name.

I also want to stay away from Bergman, Varda, Cassavetes, and del Toro because I plan on buying those amazing box sets one day.

So I’ve added 14 Criterion movies to my collection this sale and my budget currently allows for 4-5 more. I can’t make up my mind on what to buy. I’ll take any and all suggestions.

current collection is:

The 400 Blows
Band of Outsiders
Brazil
Certified Copy
Close-up
Come and See
M
The Night of the Hunter
Notorious
Portrait of a Lady on Fire
Stalker
Tree of Life
The Wages of Fear
Wild Strawberries

I’m very light on Asian cinema. So that is something I’m wanting to target (Seven Samurai is basically sold out everywhere). I was thinking Ikiru and In the Mood for Love as 2 choices. I also considered Woman in the Dunes, House, Tokyo Story, and Brighter Summer Day. But some other favorites like Paris, Texas and Days of Heaven and Breathless are calling my name.

I also want to stay away from Bergman, Varda, Cassavetes, and del Toro because I plan on buying those amazing box sets one day.

There’s a Wong Kar Wai box set coming at some point, too.

I’d recommend Kurosawa’s High and Low, it’s a masterpiece.

Linklater’s Before... trilogy?

The Qatsi Trilogy?

Back