Moon Audio

Mrjay07

Hey guys.
Looking to see if anyone here has had experience with the Moon 310lp phono and 240i integrated amp.
My Cambridge CXA80 is going in for repair again, for the 2nd time in a year, and I think it may be time to choose whether to upgrade my amp or to keep the amp and upgrade my lovely PHO-8.

As always, advice is greatly received!

Hey guys.
Looking to see if anyone here has had experience with the Moon 310lp phono and 240i integrated amp.
My Cambridge CXA80 is going in for repair again, for the 2nd time in a year, and I think it may be time to choose whether to upgrade my amp or to keep the amp and upgrade my lovely PHO-8.

As always, advice is greatly received!

No personal experience, but people seem to really like Moon gear. If you like it, go for it.

As far as Cambridge Audio, it did what it does. It broke. They use the cheapest internal parts you can imagine. I wouldn’t recommend their gear to my worst enemy. Sorry.

No personal experience, but people seem to really like Moon gear. If you like it, go for it.

As far as Cambridge Audio, it did what it does. It broke. They use the cheapest internal parts you can imagine. I wouldn’t recommend their gear to my worst enemy. Sorry.
Yeah, finding out about their reliability now. Power button gone again in less than a year. Only bloody 2 years old.
Well, I am leaning towards the 240i amp and leaving my Vinnie until next year.
Only started looking at the Moon phono as it looks difficult & expensive to get Sutherland here in Newcastle!😁

if you’re interested in Sutherland @Mrjay07 there is a company in Belgium that sells them for prices that are broadly comparable to the US.

I also wouldn’t discount musical fidelity as a phono stage option, UK based company and they do some nice, well made phono stages.

if you’re interested in Sutherland @Mrjay07 there is a company in Belgium that sells them for prices that are broadly comparable to the US.

I also wouldn’t discount musical fidelity as a phono stage option, UK based company and they do some nice, well made phono stages.
I tell you what mate, that's bloody great!
I had found a couple of sites but the insight was looking at nearly £2000.
I've book marked it for future use. My wallet can only stand one significant upgrade a year!😀

I tell you what mate, that's bloody great!
I had found a couple of sites but the insight was looking at nearly £2000.
I've book marked it for future use. My wallet can only stand one significant upgrade a year!😀

Yeah I’d bookmarked them as well for future reference, it took a lot of hunting to find a Sutherland dealer in Europe! Thankfully, I think I might actually be almost content with my system...

Yeah I’d bookmarked them as well for future reference, it took a lot of hunting to find a Sutherland dealer in Europe! Thankfully, I think I might actually be almost content with my system...
Think I've seen your set up on another thread.
You have recommended a Project to me in the past, for a friend.
You're rocking some Prima Lunas's?

Think I've seen your set up on another thread.
You have recommended a Project to me in the past, for a friend.
You're rocking some Prima Lunas's?

Yeah I have a modest pro-ject deck but it was a present for my 30th and since doing a couple of upgrades and changing carts to a Grado I actually really like how it sounds now. I have the Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL phono stage, a PS Audio PreAmp and I have tube power amps but they are Quads, not PrimaLunas. I’ve just got a power conditioner and have linear power supplies for the table and phono on the way. After that it’s just speakers I’m looking to upgrade and I need to save up for them so it might be a little while yet.

Yeah I have a modest pro-ject deck but it was a present for my 30th and since doing a couple of upgrades and changing carts to a Grado I actually really like how it sounds now. I have the Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL phono stage, a PS Audio PreAmp and I have tube power amps but they are Quads, not PrimaLunas. I’ve just got a power conditioner and have linear power supplies for the table and phono on the way. After that it’s just speakers I’m looking to upgrade and I need to save up for them so it might be a little while yet.
Ah right.
So you're happy with your TT? No plans to jump on the MoFi Ultradeck?😀
I love my P3 but could be tempted to change that in a couple of years to a P6 or something in that price range.
I changed my Zensor 1's last year to the Opticon 6's. Almost went to Rubicons but the Opticons sounded better. Can't see me changing them anytime soon.
Have you found a power conditioner to improve your sound? I put the pangea on my pho 8 and that made a difference.

Ah right.
So you're happy with your TT? No plans to jump on the MoFi Ultradeck?😀
I love my P3 but could be tempted to change that in a couple of years to a P6 or something in that price range.
I changed my Zensor 1's last year to the Opticon 6's. Almost went to Rubicons but the Opticons sounded better. Can't see me changing them anytime soon.
Have you found a power conditioner to improve your sound? I put the pangea on my pho 8 and that made a difference.

I know people have the Mofi table and it’s undoubtedly a great option but I’ll never consider it. A speed change button is non negotiable for me on a table, id be much more likely to buy a technics or go higher up the pro-ject line if I was dropping that kind of money.

To be honest though I really like how my system sounds right now so my curiosity re tables isn’t particularly high.

I know people have the Mofi table and it’s undoubtedly a great option but I’ll never consider it. A speed change button is non negotiable for me on a table, id be much more likely to buy a technics or go higher up the pro-ject line if I was dropping that kind of money.

In MoFi’s defense, their manual speed change is extremely fast and easy, perhaps because they use a round belt with a grooved pulley.

I found changing the belt manually on my old Rega P2 a bit of a pain so I agree with you @Joe Mac

Much easier to just press a button!
Yeah, I feel the same with the P3.
Not sure whether I'd want to fork out for the psu or just wait a couple of years and upgrade the tt for something manual.
Love the look of the P6 but all my gear is silver or white! Haha!

That’s fair enough. Still a deal breaker for me on any table, never mind one that expensive.

If you actually heard a MoFi, the “hassle” of taking a second or two to change the speed is more than worth it.

I’ll agree regarding any table that requires removal of the platter.

Back