Missing shipments with DHL from Vinyl Me Please to EU (Sweden)

s99mac

I have had real problems with many shipments lost to EU (Sweden) from Vinyl Me Please. Any one else that have the same experiences? If so, do you have any suggestions on how to minimize the risks of loosing even more shipments in the mail process.

I've lost one shipment, the Al Green, with the result of me cancelling the subscription (it was my first record). Rejoined when I got the offer of one free record. This time the shipment arrived. In my case PostNord took over from DHL once it arrived in Sweden, but I never got a new tracking number. I think the best way is to follow the DHL tracking until it arrives in Sweden, then wait one week and contact PostNord with the details and hope for a new tracking number.

I don't really enjoy the stress of checking the DHL status all the time to make sure the record isn't being sent back to the warehouse. Which kind of defeats the purpose of a subscription service.

I've lost one shipment, the Al Green, with the result of me cancelling the subscription (it was my first record). Rejoined when I got the offer of one free record. This time the shipment arrived. In my case PostNord took over from DHL once it arrived in Sweden, but I never got a new tracking number. I think the best way is to follow the DHL tracking until it arrives in Sweden, then wait one week and contact PostNord with the details and hope for a new tracking number.

I don't really enjoy the stress of checking the DHL status all the time to make sure the record isn't being sent back to the warehouse. Which kind of defeats the purpose of a subscription service.

It seems like the handover between DHL and PostNord is where all the problems occurs and as a receiver there is no real counterpart to hold accountable. DHL blames PostNord and the other way around. Very frustrating.

I agree with the stress part. I have lost lots of limited edition vinyls becauce of the shipping and that is very annoying. At the momentI am waiting for 10+ vinyls from VMP and can only keep my fingers crossed.

When DHL transfers to Canada Post I usually automatically get the new tracking number - I'm using the parcels app to track my shipments. But I remember that DHL shows the new tracking number on their site too.

I lost both De La Soul-albums this way in february/march, as well as Nat Turner Rebellion. Lost tracking number when it arrived in Sweden, and then it got sent back to the warehouse via Germany. Extremely frustrating, especially since I couldn't get replacements on either of these records because they were sold out. So I cancelled my subscription after my credits were spent.

I had 2 shipments lost in transit in France. I got replacements each time when asked.

Tracking stops when the parcel hit the french airport, so there is no way to know where those went. :/

I had 3-4 shipments lost in transit. They always sent replacement packages though.

/Calle from Sweden

I lost both De La Soul-albums this way in february/march, as well as Nat Turner Rebellion. Lost tracking number when it arrived in Sweden, and then it got sent back to the warehouse via Germany. Extremely frustrating, especially since I couldn't get replacements on either of these records because they were sold out. So I cancelled my subscription after my credits were spent.
Same thing happened to me with the De La Soul albums. So frustrating!

DHL Problems - count me in! But my issue was Stereolab records being shipped from Canada to US. Someone signed for them when they were delivered, and that person was NOT ME, and they were NOT delivered to my house. I called DHL and they got the "Research Team" on it. Total bullshit. It is obviously DHLs fault, and they called me back to tell me that I needed to get back in touch with amazon, as if it wasn't their fault.

This is my first interaction with DHL, and it was unpleasant. When I called amazon Canada about this, I requested that they don't use DHL for my replacement order. Finger crossed my replacement gets here - and with a different carrier.

Last edited:
Total bummer but this, somehow, makes me feel a little less pissed off. I thought that this sort of thing only happened in my Third World neck of the woods.

Yeah, having the same problem here.

Been subscribing to VMP since 2015 and this last year two packages has gone missing. One in November and the august package has gone missing aswell. Incredibly frustrating but the nice people at VMP has been really quick to send me new ones.

Hope they sort it out quickly so that sweden doesn't end up on the list of countries they won't deliver to.

I was a subscriber of the first Blue Note Anthology, and I never had any problems with those. Each shipment was updated with a local reference when it arrived in the country, but they were shipped with DHL all the way, and PostNord wasn't involved.

Back