Loves Vinyl - The Record Club from Dublin Vinyl Pressing Plant

So the lads and ladies at loves vinyl ended up having to take another couple of months off with delays because of the delays in the supply chain and lockdown restrictions because of covid. But they’re back!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan
If anyone is on the fence I’d definitely recommend the Niamh Regan album, she’s a really talented young folk singer from Galway.

Autre Monde are also well worth a check out, a really interesting off kilter pop act from Dublin

I’m going to jump back in for the Niamh Regan album, I’m really enjoying it! I might even add the Autre Monde one as an add on too if it continues to grow on me!

I did actually end up jumping back to get the last AoTM, Tom Waits, that was the one meant for December that was delayed till March, as I keep falling down that hole on vinyl. Lord help me...

Last edited:
Not really related to Dublin Vinyl other than being an Irish band, but have you seen that Needle Mythology are releasing an expanded version of Whipping Boy's 'Heartworm'? Probably my current most anticipated reissue.

So the re-start closed out my 3-month sub (which I think lasted about 6-7 months because I punted a few of the months along the way). I had asked for a copy of Full Moon Fever since I needed a copy and they threw in an Odelay as well (the Odelay is a double, but I appreciate the thought).

Anyway, I wanted to say that the pressings I got from them are all stellar. This Full Moon Fever sounds fantastic. I'm sure plates from elsewhere were reused, but the pressing itself is super quiet and flawless. Really nice job. This is true for the other 3 records I got during my short sub. The Theo Katzman and Iggy Pop are top notch. And I got to discover O' Emperor along the way. The whole thing was a little pricey, but no regrets and I'd gladly return if something catches my eye.

So the re-start closed out my 3-month sub (which I think lasted about 6-7 months because I punted a few of the months along the way). I had asked for a copy of Full Moon Fever since I needed a copy and they threw in an Odelay as well (the Odelay is a double, but I appreciate the thought).

Anyway, I wanted to say that the pressings I got from them are all stellar. This Full Moon Fever sounds fantastic. I'm sure plates from elsewhere were reused, but the pressing itself is super quiet and flawless. Really nice job. This is true for the other 3 records I got during my short sub. The Theo Katzman and Iggy Pop are top notch. And I got to discover O' Emperor along the way. The whole thing was a little pricey, but no regrets and I'd gladly return if something catches my eye.

Its a really mixed bag tbh. They started out selling a lot of existing pressings but after a few months it’s seems that the largely had curve pusher in the U.K. create new lacquers for them to press from. I’d say they used the existing mastering and had new lacquers specially cut just because the deadwax info all points to curve pusher but they’ve largely reused the same sleeves with the same barcodes as existing back to black and the like pressings. I remember that Tom Petty coming out and thinking that if I didn’t have a super clean OG that It’d be very tempting. I like to support them as a local club/pressing plant but I feel they are slightly on the expensive side with locals pricing so I can well imagine that you think that with the extra postage cost! I’m looking forward to spinning the Tom Waits that I got for this month and think that the Niamh Regan one that I have lined up for next month might be an unknown discovery on par with the Anna Mieke album I got from them back in 2019!

Last edited:
Its a really mixed bag tbh. They started out selling a lot of existing pressings but after a few months it’s seems that the largely had curve pusher in the U.K. create new lacquers for them to press from. I’d say they used the existing mastering and had new lacquers specially cut just because the deadwax info all points to curve pusher but they’ve largely reused the same sleeves with the same barcodes as existing back to black and the like pressings. I remember that Tom Petty coming out and thinking that if I didn’t have a super clean OG that It’d be very tempting. I like to support them as a local club/pressing plant but I feel they are slightly on the expensive side with locals pricing so I can well imagine that you think that with the extra postage cost! I’m looking forward to spinning the Tom Waits that I got for this month and think that the Niamh Regan one that I have lined up for next month might be an unknown discovery on par with the Anna Mieke album I got from them back in 2019!

I checked again after you wrote that and it seems like the Tom Petty, Iggy Pop and Theo Katzman are all Curve Pusher based on the deadwax. All I can say is that each one is really well done - mastering is dynamic and wide and the pressings are quiet.

I checked again after you wrote that and it seems like the Tom Petty, Iggy Pop and Theo Katzman are all Curve Pusher based on the deadwax. All I can say is that each one is really well done - mastering is dynamic and wide and the pressings are quiet.

Yeah exactly the same here and they clearly care about what they do in the pressing plant at Dublin Vinyl too because all the presses I’ve had are very clean with no rough edges, warps or no fill.

Yeah exactly the same here and they clearly care about what they do in the pressing plant at Dublin Vinyl too because all the presses I’ve had are very clean with no rough edges, warps or no fill.

That's right - the Tom Petty was flat as a pancake on arrival and I believe that was the case for the other two as well.

I just signed up fo these guys again. I tried a while ago, when they still weren't ready to ship internationally. Here's hoping for better results this time! They've gotta be better than VMP, right?

To be honest, even though they had trouble shipping to USA back in 2019, they still made sure to make it right. I have no worries!

My copy of nightclubbing arrived yesterday. Looks nice and was pressed by them again which was always their unique selling point in my opinion!

They also announced the new picks, payment 1/9 delivery the week after. Again all on black and all pressed by themselves.

I think that this month finally represents the opportunity I needed to give Rory Gallagher a go!

View attachment 60582View attachment 60581View attachment 60583

I finally added this Dublin Vinyl pressing of Iggy Pop into discogs so I could have the correct entry in my collection... anyway, thought the people on this thread would like to know. Feel free to correct any entry errors or add more info.

Back