Los Angeles Shows, Vinyl Life, Meetups, and Earthquakes

Currently have tickets for:

Jpegmafia and Danny Brown @ Hollywood Palladium
Armand Hammer @ echoplex
The Breeders w/ Belly @ the wiltern (James Blake @ Hollywood Forever is the same night and I’ve been invited to that too) 🤔
Les Savy Fav @ Teragram

Didn’t see that Slowdive was playing until it sold out.

Hello! I had family who had to cancel on me, so I have four extra tickets to the Promises live concert next Wednesday:

Great seats in section E and trying to sell at cost if anyone is interested!

Hello! I had family who had to cancel on me, so I have four extra tickets to the Promises live concert next Wednesday:

Are you just ditching going just because your family isn’t going? Cause going to concerts solo is awesome! I’ll be there solo. This show is not to be missed!

Are you just ditching going just because your family isn’t going? Cause going to concerts solo is awesome! I’ll be there solo. This show is not to be missed!
Nope! I had six tickets total, still going. I wouldn’t miss this for the world!

So what did you think? For me Sun Ra was ok but not inspiring. But Promises had me transfixed. I’m pretty Luke warm on the album, but for some reason seeing it played live changed the way I feel about it. The talent and restraint needed to keep that mood going was amazing. It always amazes me with minimal music like that how the musicians keep from doing something that just ruins the fabric of a piece. One musical gesture that is out of place is really noticeable. All those musicians kept it together it was amazing.

Have any of you been to this records store. A little high concept in this post, but it seems like the place where I’d have to get a lot of recommends from the staff. Arcane stuff.

Have any of you been to this records store. A little high concept in this post, but it seems like the place where I’d have to get a lot of recommends from the staff. Arcane stuff.

No, but I also came across this post and was curious. Appears to be in Highland Park, which is where I live.

No, but I also came across this post and was curious. Appears to be in Highland Park, which is where I live.
Yea I’m often there on the 2nd Saturday of every month to play Brazilian music at Debbs park. Occasionally I stop by Gimmie Records but I want to check this place out next time.

The Audubon center is a nice quiet place to visit also.

I stopped by there this past weekend. It’s all really unusual and interesting stuff. Owner gave me some great recommendations and is a really nice guy. Prices are reasonable. Definitely going back. They seem to have a lot of in store appearances/listening parties/performances.

Back