Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Well, it spins something ;)

Seller finally found the remote so I picked it up at lunch, now I just need to wait for DSOTM SACD to see how those sound. CD's sound great :)

.................any need to toss a lens cleaner in this thing since I have no idea how much it was used and or how well it was maintained?
20210812_154939.jpg

Seller finally found the remote so I picked it up at lunch, now I just need to wait for DSOTM SACD to see how those sound. CD's sound great :)

.................any need to toss a lens cleaner in this thing since I have no idea how much it was used and or how well it was maintained?
View attachment 108501
Mister Marantz over here! Looks sweet.

View attachment 108501

The lens cleaner wouldn’t do any harm but equally it’s unlikely needed unless you’re getting skips or read errors. Those lenses are buried deep in there.

View attachment 108501
Really happy with this unit, but the feet on it are awful. Cheap plastic, with barely there, supper thin square of some sort not effective non-slip of some sort, lol.

Good thing I had a set of Vibropods sitting around ;)

I'm afraid to say I think I'm there, lol. More changes than anticipated when this year began, outside of the "possible" PLX upgrade down the line.................I think I'm there :)
Carts don't count

View attachment 108559
So have you decided you love the mix it up and have everything on hand, or do you contemplate selling it all to upgrade across the board?

So have you decided you love the mix it up and have everything on hand, or do you contemplate selling it all to upgrade across the board?
Definitely not a sell off, I'm happy with everything, even the PLX to be honest, but with the solid state side the quality jump from the PLX to the 1210GR would be worth while...............taking nothing away from the PLX at all. Of course, it's off in the distance due to shortages/backorders and I'm not going to jump on any vendor list and pre-pay for whenever production decides to ramp up again, who know how long that might be.

Outside of that, I'm truly in a happy place with everything. I might even have end game carts figured out, lol

Definitely not a sell off, I'm happy with everything, even the PLX to be honest, but with the solid state side the quality jump from the PLX to the 1210GR would be worth while...............taking nothing away from the PLX at all. Of course, it's off in the distance due to shortages/backorders and I'm not going to jump on any vendor list and pre-pay for whenever production decides to ramp up again, who know how long that might be.

Outside of that, I'm truly in a happy place with everything. I might even have end game carts figured out, lol
that is a great place to be in! Now just sit back and enjoy being a music lover! (and don't read gear threads ;)

No way I’d watch a 35 minute video of the building of a turntable . . . And then I watched the entire thing - mesmerizing- serious artisan stuff. Thanks for sharing

Finally got a decent cabinet for the Hi- Fi 🤘plus some more album storage 😉🤘

Attachments

• 5415C9C3-D372-41F4-8F39-596DF79C02E7.jpeg
    5415C9C3-D372-41F4-8F39-596DF79C02E7.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 33
  • E29CC347-C258-4151-A739-F897F0A0134D.jpeg
    E29CC347-C258-4151-A739-F897F0A0134D.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 31
  • E8F9B953-460C-4319-96C6-4C89B032A43A.jpeg
    E8F9B953-460C-4319-96C6-4C89B032A43A.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 56E703C1-58D1-47E6-9956-5778D81C97FC.jpeg
    56E703C1-58D1-47E6-9956-5778D81C97FC.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 30
I really like the gimbal bearing more than the yoke bearing on the Player or the unipivots in most other VPI products. The VPI gimbal is quite bit more sophisticated than the bearing in my PLX-1000. My Bryston has just left its 20 year warranty but still runs in spec.
Haven’t visited the forums in a bit, so a very late chime in here, but are the Player and Cliffwood arms the same, do you know?

Added some room treatment (GIK panels and bass traps.) to my main listening area. Also, added some Isoacoustics Gaia II's to the KEF's. Without a doubt the room treatment has had the biggest overall improvement.

Living Room.jpg

Living Room 2.jpg

I've been spending more time in my cozy spot. I got the upgrade bug and pulled the trigger on a McIntosh MA252 and Wharfedale Lintons. I am still breaking in and tweaking with placement, but I am beyond thrilled with sound. It's not an ideal space for critical listening but I find myself gravitating here and just turning my brain off.

Den 2.jpg

Den.jpg

Last edited:
Added some room treatment (GIK panels and bass traps.) to my main listening area. Also, added some Isoacoustics Gaia II's to the KEF's. Without a doubt the room treatment has had the biggest overall improvement.

View attachment 113712

View attachment 113713

I've been spending more time in my cozy spot. I got the upgrade bug and pulled the trigger on a McIntosh MA252 and Wharfedale Lintons. I am still breaking in and tweaking with placement, but I am beyond thrilled with sound. It's not an ideal space for critical listening but I find myself gravitating here and just turning my brain off.

View attachment 113715

View attachment 113716
Those treatments work really well with your room!

Random question because I just left a rant in the room treatment thread, but how long did it take to get your order from GIK? I’m on week 8 since I ordered.

View attachment 113712

View attachment 113713

View attachment 113715

View attachment 113716
I want one of those chairs!!

Those treatments work really well with your room!

Random question because I just left a rant in the room treatment thread, but how long did it take to get your order from GIK? I’m on week 8 since I ordered.

Thank you! Think it was about 3 months from the time of order. That was at the beginning of the year. I've been waiting on 2 more bass traps in Grey Elm for the past 2-3 months. I spoke to Mike over there and he indicated that they are having a tough time sourcing certain colors. Unfortunately the supply chain is suffering in lots of areas these days.

I had thought about canceling my order, but glad I stuck it out. Hang in there.

Thank you! Think it was about 3 months from the time of order. That was at the beginning of the year. I've been waiting on 2 more bass traps in Grey Elm for the past 2-3 months. I spoke to Mike over there and he indicated that they are having a tough time sourcing certain colors. Unfortunately the supply chain is suffering in lots of areas these days.

I had thought about canceling my order, but glad I stuck it out. Hang in there.
Ok, so I might still have a few weeks. They did also mention it was the fabric causing the delay.
I wish they’d just let me know when a ship date was going to be missed rather than me having to dig answers out of them.

But the wait continues!

Or if they called and said, "hey the color you ordered is gonna take a while. Do you want to wait or take one of these that we can get now?"
Service is always a casualty unfortunately. I bet if you called or email the owner or gm things would get better.

Back