Last Night From Glasgow - A Not-For-Profit Record Label

I resubscribed. Not everything is exactly to my liking but I love the whole ethos of the label.

Any PNIG releases I should grab. Definitely going to get The Skids.

I’ve got the Joy Zipper ‘American Whip’ reissue on pre-order and I’m looking forward to the A Girl Called Eddy first-album reissue as part of the sub. Oh, and anything they reissue from Trashcan Sinatras.

I checked this out a few months ago and really liked it! That’s awesome.
This year is thirty years since their first release. I’ve played in Adam, the keyboard player’s, band Man Without Machines with Barry on drums, then filled in with the Snare for a couple of things over the last couple of years. We’ll see how it goes, playing as a six piece may be overkill!

+1 for Spare Snare and Joy Zipper. I’d check out the 1990’s as well. They are also reissuing the first Charlotte Hatherley album which is fun.

I forgot about the Charlotte Hatherley one!

The Hifi Sean / David McAlmont album should be good, and the High Fidelity reissues when they come. Similarly the Superstar reissues will be good.

Just listening to the digital version of the Deer Leader album (that has come out via LNFG Hive) and really liking it.

Post-rock-ish with vocals. Reminds me of another Scottish band from the late-2000s, There Will Be Fireworks.

Edit: Here's TWBF doing Vic Chesnutt's "Flirted With You All My Life" from a charity compilation a friend organised.

Last edited:
Just listening to the digital version of the Deer Leader album (that has come out via LNFG Hive) and really liking it.

Post-rock-ish with vocals. Reminds me of another Scottish band from the late-2000s, There Will Be Fireworks.

Really like this album. Waiting on my copy but I’ve streamed it a bunch

So, I jumped in and joined yesterday! Kinda weird since it said that gold memberships was sold out, but I could still put one in the cart...they were even kind enough to throw in a free Trashcan Sinatras in my first shipment.
Anyway, mostly looking forward to A Girl Called Eddy, Album Club and Port Sulphur this year. But if what I've streamed from last years' picks is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy most of what they offer.

Finally got round to subbing for this. Actually went there for the Trashcan Sinatras debut but by the time I’d added that and the Charlotte Hatherley album they’ve repressed it was kinda heading towards sub and get a bundle territory.

Platinum 12 was the winner. At £11 a record it’s a total bargain.

Finally got round to subbing for this. Actually went there for the Trashcan Sinatras debut but by the time I’d added that and the Charlotte Hatherley album they’ve repressed it was kinda heading towards sub and get a bundle territory.

Platinum 12 was the winner. At £11 a record it’s a total bargain.
Also worth it for the members discount on the shop. Getting a discount on non-LNFG stuff is brilliant. Sign up to the members group on Facebook (if you use it) as they use that to announce stuff that’s coming in.

Back