Klipsch Speakers Thread

Another rave review

Good review..

I can't imagine needing subs with the Fortes.. but that's just my room maybe.

He's not wrong about placement issues, but I didn't find it nearly as difficult to find the sweet spot as it seems he did. But I agree that positioning is critical.

He's dead on about them being fun.. I describe them that way all the time. When I'm home alone, and can run them aggressively, I get goosebumps on the regular listening to albums I have heard 100 times.

Thanks for sharing! I'm working on a full write up of my experiences and will share once I know they, and the rest of my equipment, is fully broken in. My Luxman, MoFi UD and Fortes still all have less than 100 hrs on them. Just enjoying the ride..

He's not wrong about placement issues, but I didn't find it nearly as difficult to find the sweet spot as it seems he did. But I agree that positioning is critical.
The placement thing might be a room thing, but also may be a hyper critical listening thing. Sometimes the difference between “really good” and knowing you are getting everything a speaker has to offer can come down to small degree angles and quarter inches on placement. I think a lot of us probably do it over time without thinking too much, just a little scoot here and there as we notice things over time. Reviews are just pressed to try all those little scoots in a really tight timeline.
Watch a dealer prep for a trade show and you’ll learn a lot about reflections and placement really quickly.

So the BlueTooth chip in my R-51PMs malfunctioned and made it so I couldn’t pair any BT devices too it, thus rendering that feature obsolete. Klipsch is sending me a new pair thankfully but now I have an extra pair of mainly functional R-51PMs. Are there opportunities here to use them in some surround type of capability or am I better off selling them?

I don't really have a good place to listen to Heritage line speakers, but I'd love to hear a pair of these.

Also, I've been experimenting with extreme toe-in and...I think I like it?

Funny enough I have settled on firing them almost straight ahead, with just a very slight toe in. My room is very small, and there is a trade off with each set up.. but firing straight ahead (and with the speakers 9.5" from the front wall and 27" from side walls, with the middle of the speakers being 5'7' apart) i get the best overall sound and reaction from my room.

When I do the toe in slightly past opposite ear, it sounds "tighter" I would say.. but the soundstage shrinks.

What do you find the differences to be in your set up?

Funny enough I have settled on firing them almost straight ahead, with just a very slight toe in. My room is very small, and there is a trade off with each set up.. but firing straight ahead (and with the speakers 9.5" from the front wall and 27" from side walls, with the middle of the speakers being 5'7' apart) i get the best overall sound and reaction from my room.

When I do the toe in slightly past opposite ear, it sounds "tighter" I would say.. but the soundstage shrinks.

What do you find the differences to be in your set up?

My Fortes double as home theater mains, and they're not in an ideal space, so the whole thing is inherently compromised, but it feels like the sweet spot is much wider with extreme toe (aimed about three feet in front of the central listening position). I still get a nice, focused holographic center, which is nice, but it doesn't immediately disappear if I shift left or right. And if I'm sitting off to one side, it's much more pleasant than it was with only mild toe-in.

The speakers are about 10 feet apart, but only about seven feet from the listening position, so aiming straight on in this space basically destroys the stereo illusion.

My Fortes double as home theater mains, and they're not in an ideal space, so the whole thing is inherently compromised, but it feels like the sweet spot is much wider with extreme toe (aimed about three feet in front of the central listening position). I still get a nice, focused holographic center, which is nice, but it doesn't immediately disappear if I shift left or right. And if I'm sitting off to one side, it's much more pleasant than it was with only mild toe-in.

The speakers are about 10 feet apart, but only about seven feet from the listening position, so aiming straight on in this space basically destroys the stereo illusion.

Makes sense.. I'm sitting here listening now thinking maybe tonight I'll toe em in again for a listen.. it's been months..

Makes sense.. I'm sitting here listening now thinking maybe tonight I'll toe em in again for a listen.. it's been months..

If you've got a single-person listening area there might not be as much point. Especially in that little room!

I'll post a picture in a bit so you can get an idea of the space.

The basement is basically bisected by the couch, so imagine a similarly sized space off to the left.

IuUKsFL.jpg

Back