Klipsch Speakers Thread

The basement is basically bisected by the couch, so imagine a similarly sized space off to the left.

IuUKsFL.jpg

Bumping a really old post here...what center channel speaker is that?

Nice! It doesn't look nearly as huge as I've been led to believe, definitely workable. I know it's one of the only center channels that matches well with the Heritage line.
It’s very tall and deep compared to most modern centers, so you have to accommodate for it a bit. I use a separate TV mount so the height is less of an issue, but good luck if you’re trying to fit it into a cabinet.

So y’all know I moved last summer. The new place has a much larger living room with wood floors. My apartment is on the second floor.

I’ve had issues getting the bass right. It’s just a bit lean- something that shouldn’t be with a 12” woofer and a 15” passive radiator. Moving the speakers closer or farther away from the wall behind them didn’t make much difference- either small or large changes.

My system has improved with the amp change and addition of isolation under the turntable. Changing from the Grados to the Ortofon helped too. But ultimately not enough.

I had a actually considered buying a different pair of speakers and putting the Fortes away and trying them in my next place a couple of years down the road.

Then I remembered that Stereophile reviewed the Forte IIIs and the reviewer has some bass issues and put small rubber/cork pads underneath them. He said that solved the issue.

I ordered the firm Hudson HiFi isolation blocks from Amazon. Damn if they don’t work. I still think the old room sounded better (it shouldn’t) but I’m not considering a new pair of speakers anymore. They made an all around improvement.

Hudson Hi Fi Firm Blocks

Back