Klipsch Speakers Thread

Slimwhit33

Bringing it back!!! Welcome everyone!

Let’s talk Klipsch. Whatcha got? What have you had previously? Share some pics!!

I’m pretty new to the Klipsch scene, having bought my HIII’s last year. Recently been considering Forte’s, but my small space (10x10’) is holding me back.

Here are mine.. 5E8F003D-2BBC-4654-BE2C-D090BC8AF02C.jpeg

I’ll have to tidy up and take a fresh photo later.

I realized I didn’t have one showing both with the new setup either. Have to take one later! Glad to see you over here! Can’t believe they did this so quickly! Now I’m just hoping the new site gets past my work firewall. The old one did.. fingers crossed!

I realized I didn’t have one showing both with the new setup either. Have to take one later! Glad to see you over here! Can’t believe they did this so quickly! Now I’m just hoping the new site gets past my work firewall. The old one did.. fingers crossed!

Generally that stuff runs on a blacklist rather than a whitelist, so chances are good!

I'll have to post some pics later, but I started out with two RF-52 II's, and have now upgraded to a pair of Heresy II's supported by a Klipsch SW12.

I have put in the Crites (www.critesspeakers.com) crossovers and have also upgraded the tweeters with the Crites titanium diaphragms. Love 'em.

I’m running Forte IIs with the same upgrades.

I have been debating whether to try the Crites woofers. At 30-ish years old, mine are probably nearing their end-of-life. I may buy them and put them aside just in case. Anyone else done this/looked into this?

Woofers, or midrange? I’ve heard the midrange diaphragms are not worth doing.

Anyone know a good place to order an original or repro badge??

One of my Heresy's never had one, while I got a bit taken off the price I wouldn't mind finding one to stick on there.

20190516_155209.jpg

Anyone know a good place to order an original or repro badge??

One of my Heresy's never had one, while I got a bit taken off the price I wouldn't mind finding one to stick on there.

View attachment 414

At one point (maybe 15 years ago?) my dad wrote a letter to Klipsch asking similar for some of his Heresy I’s. They actually sent him a few. Not sure about style/series, but no cost. No questions asked.

I'll have to post some pics later, but I started out with two RF-52 II's, and have now upgraded to a pair of Heresy II's supported by a Klipsch SW12.

I have put in the Crites (www.critesspeakers.com) crossovers and have also upgraded the tweeters with the Crites titanium diaphragms. Love 'em.

I’m curious what changes you noticed with the crites updates?

I’m curious what changes you noticed with the crites updates?

The crossovers are basically just an age concern - they're the same network design as OEM, so they should maintain the factory sound.

The Ti tweeter diaphgrams are just a little more detailed and focused. My dad actually preferred the sound of the original phenolics, so I gave him mine after the swap as backups for his own F2s.

Back