June 2020 Record Challenge Thread (The RAFFLE continues!)

It's crazy how fast time is flying by these days, thanks to everyone who participated these past 30days, it's been a blast following along and watching your story unfold.

I'm on a isolation vacation until the 3rd, at which time I'll be updating the spreadsheet and then doing the drawings on the 4th, so for those of y'all who need some time to catch up you've got until at least the 3rd to do so.

With all that's going on in the world from the pandemic to the civil rights protests, I just want to say thanks for taking at least an hour out of your day to spin some vinyl and connect to music.

Music is power, but without a community, it goes silent.

Thanks for organising this. Was a really welcome distraction from the chaos here on Earth.

Day 30 – Art is about creativity, imagination, it’s unique to each person. Play an album that brings out your creative side

1AC22475-0210-4533-A749-F777AC6751C0.jpeg

DJ Q-Bert "Wave Twisters Episode 7 Million: Sonic Wars Within the Protons"

I was obsessed with scratch DJ's when I was younger and guys like Q-Bert were the reason I bought turntables! This is a record made using mostly just 2 turntables and everytime I play it I want to jump on my tables and scratch my ass off BUT I'm totally not set up to do that anymore... It's one of those "itches" I get every few months... One day!

Big up to @blissfullychaotic for running an ever so fun month, I love discovering music in these threads! Looking forward to July!!

Day 29 – It’s Party time.

I'd say this release sums up my love of soundtracks, punk music and horror movies all the same time.

I even have a part of the Trioxin Theme as my ringtone....I had to make it custom.

Various ‎– The Return Of The Living Dead (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Big Beat Records ‎– WIK 38, 1985

UK release
Pressed at Sonopress

MnUVI8.jpg

uU5kvR.jpg

Day 30: Creativity.

I can honestly say that I'm not a creative person...I'd love to be creative, but I'm just way too lazy.

Freddie Mercury ‎– Never Boring
Hollywood Records ‎– D003242201, 2019

Cut by Miles Showell at Abbey Road
Pressed at Optimal

H6XXAv.jpg

qZonv4.jpg

Last edited:
@blissfullychaotic You are more than generous! Thanks for running this thread and encouraging charitable acts of kindness. I know I missed a few days (I already have all the N&G records anyway), but I still enjoyed it. Cheers!

Louisville and other cities are experiencing massive arrests of protesters, so I will donate some more to the Louisville Community Bail Fund. If any of you feel your city and neighbors need help, the same website has links to all across the US.

After what feels like an eternity, I have finally finished updating my spreadsheet as well as creating a guide that highlights all the albums shared throughout this month. It's hard flipping through 57 pages of a forum, so i figured why not showcase our members choices in an easy to read guide that could help expose some new artists, music, or labels.

37 people started and only 24 survived.

I will be do the drawing here before end of night and will announce the winners once the random online name drawer selects the two winners.

Best of luck and thanks again for everyone who participated

After what feels like an eternity, I have finally finished updating my spreadsheet as well as creating a guide that highlights all the albums shared throughout this month. It's hard flipping through 57 pages of a forum, so i figured why not showcase our members choices in an easy to read guide that could help expose some new artists, music, or labels.

37 people started and only 24 survived.

I will be do the drawing here before end of night and will announce the winners once the random online name drawer selects the two winners.

Best of luck and thanks again for everyone who participated

Hell yeah, that guide is awesome.

Round 1 Winner:
@scotthilk
Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 10.47.01 PM.png

Round 2 Winner:
@D Jilla

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 10.47.26 PM.png

Congrats to the winners!! I will be in touch tomorrow to get some information from y'all

Also a huge thank you to everyone who participated during the past month. I had a blast following along, thanks for taking the time out of your day to spin a record and connect to music.

Back