John Prine

The fact that the N&G forum all loves John Prine makes me love you all even more, if that were possible. You can tell a lot about people from the company they keep and this is the only place on the internet worthwhile. God bless you John, and thank you for all the memories

Jason Isbell wrote a piece in the New York Times about Prine. It's pretty beautiful.

If the artist’s job is to hold a mirror up to society, John had the cleanest mirror of anyone I have ever known. Sometimes it seemed like he had a window, and he would climb right through.

Noisetrade/Paste has his Live From Asheville 1986 as a free download if anyone is interested.

Jason Isbell wrote a piece in the New York Times about Prine. It's pretty beautiful.

If the artist’s job is to hold a mirror up to society, John had the cleanest mirror of anyone I have ever known. Sometimes it seemed like he had a window, and he would climb right through.

Can anyone copy it or share a link that isn't behind a paywall?

I loved Prine's music. I saw him with Kelsey Waldon in Huntsville for his most recent tour and he was in excellent form. What a terrible loss this is, not only to lose such a great songwriter, but more importantly, a great person. Condolences to his family and fellow fans.

Ive only recently become properly aware of John Prine.
This thread warms my heart and makes me sad at the same time. I’m gonna listen to a lot more Prine.

I was lucky enough to see John Prine for only my 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th times at this wonderful festival. All sorts of crazy stuff went down before this but my wife and I just knew we had to go. So glad we did! One of the best vacations I’ve ever been on. 4 nights of John, one night was the s/t album straight through with stories about each song. All the other music was beyond words. To many good stories. I figured we didn’t have to much more time with him but months later was not what I was expecting.

The world would be a better place if everyone listened to John Prine!

Forgot who said that but doesn’t matter it’s true!

Reactions: mgp
Back