January 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread :: Plant carrots in January and you'll never have to eat carrots.

Day 13 - Impeach the President
Sons Of Kemet – Your Queen Is A Reptile

20220114_182608.jpg

My experience under the queen has been a more privileged one than the Black experience and that of colonized peoples, to be sure. But she is a reptile, and I've little care for her or the commonwealth. And this album slaps!

Day 14 - “Turn on, tune in, drop out”

The Golden Dawn - Power Plant

C6A66E60-495E-49F9-86EB-484545083924.jpeg

We were looking for a place to rent in the St Louis area several years ago when we stumbled into a neighborhood that looked like it was an old set for The Stepford Wives. There were hundreds of houses without anyone to be seen. And in the middle of it all was a record shop that we decided to go into. The guy working there was dressed completely in a Sgt Pepper costume and was excited to show me his whole collection of psychedelic records, so based on his recommendations I bought this and a Chocolate Watchband album. Without this physical proof, I would have probably thought the whole experience was just a dream.

Day 13 - Impeach the President
45 was impeached for the second time one year ago today! Play something protesting a head of state.

I searched "American Idiot" and didn't see that this was played yet...

Green Day – American Idiot
Reprise Records – 517552-1, 2004/2009

Cut by Stan Ricker
Pressed at Pallas

04ssc2.jpg

DzTMup.jpg

Day 14 - “Turn on, tune in, drop out”
The Human Be-In launched the Summer of Love on this day in 1967. Play something psychedelic.

Composed By, Arranged By, and Conducted by Mort Garson, everyone's favorite music composer for plants.

The Zodiac – Cosmic Sounds
Elektra – EKS-74009, 1967

Pressed at Monarch

BBJP26.jpg

Wi7TVL.jpg

Day 15 - "The time is always right to do what is right."
Martin Luther King, Jr. was born on this day in 1929. Play something that focuses on civil rights or social justice.

Bandcamp donated 100% of their proceeds from this compilation to NAACP, and ATO records donated 100% of their proceeds to Black Lives Matter Greater New York, Color of Change, and Innocence Project.

Silence is not an Option (Turn This Up)

1642271879520.png

Day 15 - "The time is always right to do what is right."
Martin Luther King, Jr. was born on this day in 1929. Play something that focuses on civil rights or social justice.

Gary Bartz NTU Troop – Harlem Bush Music - Uhuru

PXL_20220115_185129952.jpg
PXL_20220115_185107967.jpg

Back