It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Not Leicester’s day.
What is the average salary for a player? I’m seeing some crazy numbers out there.
I also can’t get over the seats for the reserve players. Very posh.

Not Leicester’s day.
What is the average salary for a player? I’m seeing some crazy numbers out there.
I also can’t get over the seats for the reserve players. Very posh.

It varries from club to club. The highest is de Bruyne on £20.8 million a year. I’d guess the average is £4-5 million but that’s a bit of a guesstimate ad I can’t find up to date figures.

Last edited:

lotr-frodo.gif

Good on Levy for sticking to his guns and not selling their best player to an oil money team that just wants to collect pieces to keep winning titles.

Edit: That said, it wouldn't shock me to see Harry sold before next week or in January.

Last edited:
Good on Levy for sticking to his guns and not selling their best player to an oil money team that just wants to collect pieces to keep winning titles.

Edit: That said, it wouldn't shock me to see Harry sold before next week or in January.
Everyone is upset at Levy for “holding Kane hostage” it seems. City undervalued Kane and never put a serious bid in. The closest they got was 75m + bonuses. If I’m Kane I’m more upset at City for not prioritizing him and going for just another winger in Grealish.

Everyone is upset at Levy for “holding Kane hostage” it seems. City undervalued Kane and never put a serious bid in. The closest they got was 75m + bonuses. If I’m Kane I’m more upset at City for not prioritizing him and going for just another winger in Grealish.

I think Levy’s reputation goes against himself always. He’s earned himself that reputation over a good few years with the way he carries on. Even if he’s in the right here I have zero time for him.

I think Levy’s reputation goes against himself always. He’s earned himself that reputation over a good few years with the way he carries on. Even if he’s in the right here I have zero time for him.
If he wasn’t in charge of the club I support I’d probably never want to deal with him ever. He did right for the club by not selling their best player for less than he’s worth.

If he wasn’t in charge of the club I support I’d probably never want to deal with him ever. He did right for the club by not selling their best player for less than he’s worth.

I get you but I can see the other side too where from Kane’s point of view he thinks he has an agreement and Levy blanked it. Maybe naive but football has long worked on such gentleman’s agreements for better or worse. That said with Levy I’d want everything in writing or I wouldn’t sign. Can’t be trusted.

Yeah I think Fergie after Berbatov just outright refused to buy from or sell to Spurs. He said Levy was too hard work and tried to be too cute.

The deal and personal terms on that one had been agreed and the player was having his medical when Levy called asking for £4 or 5 million extra. I think United had to refuse and Betbatov threaten to strike unless the original agreement was honoured.

I get you but I can see the other side too where from Kane’s point of view he thinks he has an agreement and Levy blanked it. Maybe naive but football has long worked on such gentleman’s agreements for better or worse. That said with Levy I’d want everything in writing or I wouldn’t sign. Can’t be trusted.
There's some chatter that he may sign a new deal now. Most likely with some kind of release clause or something else that gets him out next season.

There very well could have been some kind of Gentlemen's agreement, however, it may have been he could go if someone bids what he's worth and no one did. We'll never know the ins and outs, it's all speculation. But Kane should have put whatever it was in writing. Signed a new deal last year with a release clause or player option to opt out, etc. Using his brother for his agent is a huge mistake because he was way out of his depth.

There's some chatter that he may sign a new deal now. Most likely with some kind of release clause or something else that gets him out next season.

There very well could have been some kind of Gentlemen's agreement, however, it may have been he could go if someone bids what he's worth and no one did. We'll never know the ins and outs, it's all speculation. But Kane should have put whatever it was in writing. Signed a new deal last year with a release clause or player option to opt out, etc. Using his brother for his agent is a huge mistake because he was way out of his depth.

His brother wasn’t his agent on his last deal. He was with an agency that he since left. You can blame his brother for miss handling the summer but not the last deal.

As I said gentlemen’s agreements have been commonplace in football, think Ronaldo leaving United or RvP and Fabregas leaving Arsenal. Whether that’s a good or a bad thing who is to say, but it’s the way things have been done. Maybe unscrupulous operators like Levy will cause that to end. If I was Kane and presuming such an agreement existed I’d not sign anything without a low release fee or I’d run it down.

Back