Hip Hop

Pretty crazy development in the TB saga and they are clearly trying to cash in as much as possible before this all clears. Looks like De La is still not going to get the rights themselves but hopefully they can at least cash in in some form from this new ownership.
call me when they have the rights to the thing their own art... let's see if the new "owners" actually do the right thing.

edit: also screw vmp and ttl and anyone else putting out physicals until the band say this is resolved

This Peter Rosenberg album (I assume he “curated” it), is pretty dope. Not sure who all did the beats but they are all solid to excellent. Fairly eclectic list of guests with some interesting combos. For my money, Jim Jones or Jay Nice had the best verses on the project.

Album is so dope. Glad it's out in the world now. A lot of beats by his homies: Disco Vietnam, Gray Matter, etc.

call me when they have the rights to the thing their own art... let's see if the new "owners" actually do the right thing.

edit: also screw vmp and ttl and anyone else putting out physicals until the band say this is resolved
was that TTL or Rough Trade?

Doesn't sound like they are going to see the full rights to their music for a long time, if ever. At least the new owners sound like they want to come to some kind of agreement with DLS so that all parties can benefit vs it just being the one sided affair it has been. The aren't going to spend $100 Mil just to sit on the content and it seems that De La has some kind of control over it being released digitally so I'd like to think level heads will prevail. Only time will tell I guess.

Doesn't sound like they are going to see the full rights to their music for a long time, if ever. At least the new owners sound like they want to come to some kind of agreement with DLS so that all parties can benefit vs it just being the one sided affair it has been. The aren't going to spend $100 Mil just to sit on the content and it seems that De La has some kind of control over it being released digitally so I'd like to think level heads will prevail. Only time will tell I guess.

i mean tommy boy negotiated with the group too it was just an offensively bad deal. de la doesn't have 100 mil to buy them out so i hope they get something that actually supports the group in some way but ultimately if the mission isn't to give control back to the group then it isn't just. the amount of $ the group has lost over the past 2 decades is atrocious and whomever owns the catalogue should account for those losses... and so should consumers

Back