Hip Hop

Loving this new Estee Nack and it just keeps getting better to me.

There really is something special going on when Gunn is involved in these projects.

Conway tour got postponed, hopefully that hasnt been caused by a gun...

a3vp0r1u7g1b1.jpg

Conway tour got postponed, hopefully that hasnt been caused by a gun...

a3vp0r1u7g1b1.jpg
Broke his tibia and dislocated his knee. Doesn't seem to be gun related from what I'm seeing, but he's definitely not going to be performing any time in the near future. Bummer. I had tickets for next Wed's Denver show, but his health is way more important than my entertainment. Hope he heals up fully.

finally got my TT4 from Empire... it was in a box that could hold like 10 LPs and was wrapped in the most amount of bubble wrap I have ever seen. I mean, I suppose that's some A+ shipping, but seems completely wasteful and unnecessary (and doesn't make up for waiting over a year for it)

Worth it? Now that Kikagaku Moyo is retired, I've been itching for some live Jap psych
I guess.... it's hard to say. I was only really familiar with the band but not their music so much, but figured it would be an interesting show. what I saw made me think that their shows are probably hit or miss, in that I think there are probably some nights where all the improv and insanity are in full force and it's great and then there are probably shows where it doesn't quite come together as well. it also depends on your threshold for noisy noodling, as they're not virtuosos with their instruments but rather go for more of a chaotic soundscape.

I don't think I saw a "bad" show, but I also felt like I didn't see them put on a great show, and if you're not exactly a fan of what they're doing an average show may not be as enjoyable as another act's average show, if that makes any sense.

I'm honestly not very familiar with Kikagaku Moyo either, but what I've heard/seen they seemed way less chaotic than AMT.

finally, I have seen some vids/pictures of AMT shows where they have a full on psychedelic visual show going on as well, which I was anticipating but didn't happen at all, so that was a bit of a disappointment as I took some mushrooms before the show expecting a visual explosion but they didn't do any of that (at least at the show I saw)

that said, the tickets were like $20 and it was a night of live music and overall it was enjoyable and interesting, so I'm not going to complain too much... but I think it came up a bit short per my expectations based off of the few (better) performances I've seen online.

N&G RECORD SWAP/SALE ACCESS:
When I post the full link it just displays an excel doc in my post, so you have type https: then copy paste the following

//docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Du0sBKnM2vyzQZES9ST1ZLtWfNfT7mJOuLs0ThVKpNk/edit?usp=sharing
I need to finally sit down and add to this.

I guess.... it's hard to say. I was only really familiar with the band but not their music so much, but figured it would be an interesting show. what I saw made me think that their shows are probably hit or miss, in that I think there are probably some nights where all the improv and insanity are in full force and it's great and then there are probably shows where it doesn't quite come together as well. it also depends on your threshold for noisy noodling, as they're not virtuosos with their instruments but rather go for more of a chaotic soundscape.

I don't think I saw a "bad" show, but I also felt like I didn't see them put on a great show, and if you're not exactly a fan of what they're doing an average show may not be as enjoyable as another act's average show, if that makes any sense.

I'm honestly not very familiar with Kikagaku Moyo either, but what I've heard/seen they seemed way less chaotic than AMT.

finally, I have seen some vids/pictures of AMT shows where they have a full on psychedelic visual show going on as well, which I was anticipating but didn't happen at all, so that was a bit of a disappointment as I took some mushrooms before the show expecting a visual explosion but they didn't do any of that (at least at the show I saw)

that said, the tickets were like $20 and it was a night of live music and overall it was enjoyable and interesting, so I'm not going to complain too much... but I think it came up a bit short per my expectations based off of the few (better) performances I've seen online.
Thanks for the review, definitely a mushroom show. Might just wait for Marciano in Thursday instead based on this though.

Back