Grado Cartridges and Stylus - Questions and Advice.

Wrote an email to Grado and got a reply from Rich Grado:

“Thanks for the email and support of our products, is your group something you allow people like me to become part of?

We found a way to improve the production of the coils for the v3 cartridges, there are no changes to the stylus, and the 8MZ stylus has not changed. I’m glad to hear you noticed the difference between our v3 Gold and the v2.

Let me know if you have any other questions.”

Of course I extended an invitation for him to join us.

That's very cool, I also emailed and he advised that all of the Prestige cartridges at their online store are now v3, Black on up through Gold.

That being said, I don't understand why they aren't promoting the new series on their websites. It's an odd way to do business. If I was unaware of the new series and purchased a v2 through a third party seller, then learned later that there was a "secret" improved v3, I wouldn't be happy.

“Thanks for the email and support of our products, is your group something you allow people like me to become part of?

We found a way to improve the production of the coils for the v3 cartridges, there are no changes to the stylus, and the 8MZ stylus has not changed. I’m glad to hear you noticed the difference between our v3 Gold and the v2.

Soooo, did you also include your feelings about their cartridge screws in your email?

Soooo, did you also include your feelings about their cartridge screws in your email?

i hope so, they’re a proper pain in the arse...

That's very cool, I also emailed and he advised that all of the Prestige cartridges at their online store are now v3, Black on up through Gold.

That being said, I don't understand why they aren't promoting the new series on their websites. It's an odd way to do business. If I was unaware of the new series and purchased a v2 through a third party seller, then learned later that there was a "secret" improved v3, I wouldn't be happy.

To further complicate matters, I read a post elsewhere from someone else who communicated with Rich Grado. Rich told him that V3 Prestige cartridges have actually been shipping since last summer in V2 boxes.

Back