Fresh Grabs

Here are my UK grabs from my quick trip abroad!

View attachment 111394

View attachment 111395

Everything up through Shades of Blue are pretty much all UK pressings (I think only Prime Prine is a US pressing). Most are early or first pressings. I copied @Poly-Rythmo and just spun Houses of the Holy--this one is an OG UK press with Sterling and RL in the deadwax.

MoFi Katy Lied through the end were all albums waiting for me when I got home. Money Jungle is a PIF from @Ethos99 and his shop Paladin Vinyl (agree with @JohnnyCashFan --great packaging and have already done some preorders through the site). Metals and Coldplay are PIFs from @Ponman2003 . I have lots of record cleaning to get through now!
Man, what an amazing surprise for you. It’s like a booster shot for your happiness in your young marriage 😜. Congrats! Haha

Man, what an amazing surprise for you. It’s like a booster shot for your happiness in your young marriage 😜. Congrats! Haha
My mother-in-law told me a story that when she was younger, her friend took her to a Rolling Stones cover band concert. Her friend thought she would fancy the guitarist in the band. When they got there, she ended up being smitten by the singer instead and something 50 years later, they are still married.

My father-in-law also told me that his brother went to Oxford in the early 1960s and worked in the school's department for organizing events. Someone wanted them to book this band from London for one of their big university events. They booked the band a year in advance and paid £100 which was a lot at the time. The band was The Rolling Stones and in between booking them and the date of the university show, the band blew up, had a US tour and became insanely popular. The Stones tried to weasel their way out of the contract but couldn't and ended up performing.

So it's not a shock that my father-in-law had lots of Stones records. He was a big Pink Floyd fan too and saw them live a few times. He was really happy that the records were staying in the family. And he said if any are really valuable and I end up selling any, I have to take him to the pub and pay for it 🤣

My mother-in-law told me a story that when she was younger, her friend took her to a Rolling Stones cover band concert. Her friend thought she would fancy the guitarist in the band. When they got there, she ended up being smitten by the singer instead and something 50 years later, they are still married.

My father-in-law also told me that his brother went to Oxford in the early 1960s and worked in the school's department for organizing events. Someone wanted them to book this band from London for one of their big university events. They booked the band a year in advance and paid £100 which was a lot at the time. The band was The Rolling Stones and in between booking them and the date of the university show, the band blew up, had a US tour and became insanely popular. The Stones tried to weasel their way out of the contract but couldn't and ended up performing.

So it's not a shock that my father-in-law had lots of Stones records. He was a big Pink Floyd fan too and saw them live a few times. He was really happy that the records were staying in the family. And he said if any are really valuable and I end up selling any, I have to take him to the pub and pay for it 🤣
Hahaha! Priceless.

Thanks. Mine just showed up, but the sleeve is damaged, so I have to email them. The cover wasn't signed, so I wondered if there was an insert.
Yeah, it took me a minute to find the insert tucked in the sleeve, but everything is in great shape. Hopefully can say the same about the record when I play it later.

I usually never go for the super Uber editions like this but man they knocked it out of the park with this one! So many small details and everything seems to be top notch quality. I'm hoping the records all sound as good as the package looks. Took all these pics and still didn't include the 7", cd's, the book, etc. The faux Rolling Stones issue is pretty awesome too, it's like 10 pages and has the full article he wrote in the movie.

PXL_20210909_093732938.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20210909_093925927.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20210909_094147637.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210909_094740693.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20210909_094952018.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20210909_094534030.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20210909_095408778.jpg

I usually never go for the super Uber editions like this but man they knocked it out of the park with this one! So many small details and everything seems to be top notch quality. I'm hoping the records all sound as good as the package looks. Took all these pics and still didn't include the 7", cd's, the book, etc. The faux Rolling Stones issue is pretty awesome too, it's like 10 pages and has the full article he wrote in the movie.

View attachment 111553
View attachment 111554
View attachment 111555

View attachment 111557View attachment 111558View attachment 111556View attachment 111559
I can’t say I wasn’t tempted by this one. The entire soundtrack is so amazing. I ended up with the Sound of Vinyl exclusive and the Target exclusive (which have different track lists on them) and thought they sounded pretty great actually. Let us know how this one sounds!

I can’t say I wasn’t tempted by this one. The entire soundtrack is so amazing. I ended up with the Sound of Vinyl exclusive and the Target exclusive (which have different track lists on them) and thought they sounded pretty great actually. Let us know how this one sounds!

Yeah, I was going back and forth on those as well but the 30% coupon at the time got me! That's actually great to hear that those copies both sound good as I was seeing some comments going in both directions which had me a bit concerned. I'm hoping I can clean and listen to most of it tomorrow but if not early next week for sure and i'll let you know!

View attachment 111553
View attachment 111554
View attachment 111555

View attachment 111557View attachment 111558View attachment 111556View attachment 111559
Sweet! I got the next step down super-deluxe 6 LP (color) version. One of my favorite movies of all time🤩

August was a bad month for my bank account but a great one for my collection. This is the fresh stuff I got besides the private collection I shared a few pages ago:

E460AF0A-AB05-44C0-A6B3-ADF0F769A261.jpeg

The priciest here was the Garbage reissue, which I ordered as soon as it was announced and thus before the more reasonable Popmarket deal. I can live with it because it’s been such a white whale for me over the past few years. The Beatles Anthology was an unmissable cheap ($15) grab from my local.

With The Beatles and Entreat both came from Germany. I opted for the OG Entreat rather than the more recent reissue (Entreat Plus) because of reviews discussing how blatantly different the two versions sound. I’m also ok with not having the entirety of Disintegration played front to back. This live version of “Disintegration” is amazing.

05E497B0-33AD-4860-BF74-03D52FB4882B.jpeg

The biggest find here is the 6-Eye, mono Miles for only $4. Jarrett was a $1 record and it’s classical, not jazz. You know what the pair at the bottom are.

B33C3075-A57A-4DB2-B9CD-1B14218684D6.jpeg

Stones and Rundgren were bargain bin fare. The biggest deal here is the Black Crowes box set, which was a ludicrous acci-deal ($13.99 plus $4 shipping)! I’m loving it so far and haven’t even got to the double-live record.

Back