The Freshest
8CF28572-1C4C-4595-A9D8-4E836977E19B.jpeg
Goose - Shenanigans Nite Club
Drive-By Truckers - Brighter Than Creation's Dark
Sunburned Hand Of The Man - Pick A Day To Die
Silver Synthetic - Silver Synthetic
Squarepusher -
Feed Me Weird Things

These are my most recent pick ups. The new Goose album was a mail order. The Drive-By Truckers was a fantastic @Mack37 PIF. The Other 3 were pick ups from my local. The Sunburned Hand Of The Man and Silver Synthetic LPs are fantastic 2021 releases. The SHOTM is kinda like the Grateful Dead if they decided to cover a Can album with Captain Beefheart on vocals. The Silver Synthetic album is super laid back vibe like a cross between Kurt Vile and the Black Crowes at their most chooglin’ @Yer Ol' Uncle D I think both the Silver Synthetic and the Sunburned Hand Of The Man releases would be right up your alley, though you’re usually on top of these things so you’re likely already a fan especially of SHOTM since this album features J Mascis doing his thing on the final track. Squarepushers debut is a IDM classic and am glad to own the remastered LP on wax.
70CEEFAD-5F1A-474D-B7F2-5AFC7BFD2D12.jpeg

The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
The Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker
Happy Mondays - Pills 'N' Thrills And Bellyaches
Belly - Star
The Replacements - Don't Tell A Soul
Adam Sandler - They're All Gonna Laugh At You!
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Pixies - Trompe Le Monde

The Roots was a pick up from my local record store while the rest were kindly sold to me by our one & only @Ginormousthumbs

The Freshest
View attachment 103095
Goose - Shenanigans Nite Club
Drive-By Truckers - Brighter Than Creation's Dark
Sunburned Hand Of The Man - Pick A Day To Die
Silver Synthetic - Silver Synthetic
Squarepusher -
Feed Me Weird Things

These are my most recent pick ups. The new Goose album was a mail order. The Drive-By Truckers was a fantastic @Mack37 PIF. The Other 3 were pick ups from my local. The Sunburned Hand Of The Man and Silver Synthetic LPs are fantastic 2021 releases. The SHOTM is kinda like the Grateful Dead if they decided to cover a Can album with Captain Beefheart on vocals. The Silver Synthetic album is super laid back vibe like a cross between Kurt Vile and the Black Crowes at their most chooglin’ @Yer Ol' Uncle D I think both the Silver Synthetic and the Sunburned Hand Of The Man releases would be right up your alley, though you’re usually on top of these things so you’re likely already a fan especially of SHOTM since this album features J Mascis doing his thing on the final track. Squarepushers debut is a IDM classic and am glad to own the remastered LP on wax.
View attachment 103097

The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
The Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker
Happy Mondays - Pills 'N' Thrills And Bellyaches
Belly - Star
The Replacements - Don't Tell A Soul
Adam Sandler - They're All Gonna Laugh At You!
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Pixies - Trompe Le Monde

The Roots was a pick up from my local record store while the rest were kindly sold to me by our one & only @Ginormousthumbs
Trompe Le Monde is so fucking great.

Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou - Le Sato

The holiest of holy grails for me. I almost bought this a few months ago for $130 in B shape! And now I can get it for $25 in an absolutely perfect reissue courtesy of Acid Jazz and Albarika Store. Sato is a rhythm from Benin based on their Vodoun (voodoo) religion and you can see the huge drum that it's based on on the cover. Such a wonderful album, and I've struggled to take it off my turntable since getting it.

20210620_185701.jpg

Left town for a week and came back to this 😂

View attachment 103131
Someone left empty boxes in your room?

BogusHighlevelEyelashpitviper-max-1mb.gif

My Daughter took me to the local for Father's Day after a nice lunch and Orange Kool-Aid ice cream. Picked up 3 I've really been wanting, and a Wilco that @hatfieldpdx will be happy to see I have 😂.

Arab Strap - As Days Get Dark
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
Nick Cave and Warren Ellis - Carnage
Curtis Amy and Dupree Bolton - Katanga
0626D60A-3399-4D46-9C9D-1B1958593265.jpeg
And everything in those boxes that showed up last week. Starting with the club stuff -

Dorothy Ashby - The Rubaiyat of...
Merle Haggard & The Strangers - I'm a Lonesome Fugitive
Sharon Van Etten - epic Ten
The Doors - s/t
EF61B02C-672A-44B4-8B35-9BA5B9826128.jpeg

Free Bandbox, coupla pre-order and a coupla Amazon cheapies.

Nada Surf - the weight is a gift
Rose City Band - Earth Trip
Daniel Norgren - Live
Bill Callahan - Gold Record
Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Way Down in the Rust Bucket
060BB536-2137-40FC-B485-A5FCE17614CD.jpegC33D3FA1-6D78-49E8-B108-9E7CF99E3EFC.jpeg

My Daughter took me to the local for Father's Day after a nice lunch and Orange Kool-Aid ice cream. Picked up 3 I've really been wanting, and a Wilco that @hatfieldpdx will be happy to see I have 😂.

Arab Strap - As Days Get Dark
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
Nick Cave and Warren Ellis - Carnage
Curtis Amy and Dupree Bolton - Katanga
View attachment 103194
And everything in those boxes that showed up last week. Starting with the club stuff -

Dorothy Ashby - The Rubaiyat of...
Merle Haggard & The Strangers - I'm a Lonesome Fugitive
Sharon Van Etten - epic Ten
The Doors - s/t
View attachment 103195

Free Bandbox, coupla pre-order and a coupla Amazon cheapies.

Nada Surf - the weight is a gift
Rose City Band - Earth Trip
Daniel Norgren - Live
Bill Callahan - Gold Record
Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Way Down in the Rust Bucket
View attachment 103196View attachment 103197
Where is A Ghost is Born? :ROFLMAO: That said, Sky Blue Sky is a solid add. I have that Rose City Band on the way, and Rust Bucket is sooo good.

Where is A Ghost is Born? :ROFLMAO: That said, Sky Blue Sky is a solid add. I have that Rose City Band on the way, and Rust Bucket is sooo good.
Yeah, I realized after I bought it that it was supposed to be Ghost 😂. I'll get it at some point. Looking forward to spinning them all. Gotta find time, I've been off work and out of town.

Back