Fresh Grabs

how does this sound?
Still working (from home), so haven't really listened yet. I did briefly cue up the opening track for a preview, and once Coltrane dropped in over those double basses, I was really blown away. I'm gonna give it more attention tonight, because I'm curious how the stereo separation/musician placement sounds in the mix. Also curious if they have Coltrane dead center. I've been after a clean copy of this for a bit, and just decided to import a Japanese Pressing.

20210413_143402.jpg
One of my favourite albums from 2019. It's typically priced a bit higher than I've wanted to pay, however, so I've held off and been content with my CD, but found this copy for nearly half price at a record store clear across the country, and the discounted price happened to be exactly enough to push the wife's order into the ever-wonderful free shipping bracket!

ah yes, the grey edition of RTJ4, very popular with dogs
I've been anthropomorphizing the hell outta my dog in all these posts. From her musical recording aspirations with Fiona Apple to her reprimands of me owning multiple copies of the same album. I hardly think me misrepresenting her dichromatic vision is the most out there assertion I've made.

With that said, the RTJ4 Grey Edition is a thing. Limited edition, numbered (I have 1/1) and remixed by Danger Mouse. It will shortly be up in the for sale section. Price TBD (but let's just say you better have that Martin Shkreli money).

Steal My Fresh Grabs
4EB1AF2F-0F3E-47DE-A121-9A4C0C1C2331.jpeg
The Grateful Dead - 02-18-1971 @ Capitol Theater, Pt. Chester NY

The Grateful Dead - 04-29-89 @ Irvine Meadows Amphitheater, Irvine, CA
The Grateful Dead - 07-09-1995 @ Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
The Grateful Dead - Workingman’s Dead
The Grateful Dead - Go To Heaven
Bob Weir -
Bobby & The Midnightes
Public Enemy - Apocalypse 91... The Enemy Strikes Black
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head

As I posted earlier, I recently picked up a Tape Deck and decided if I am gonna collect tapes I should at least have a couple live Dead shows to play on it. So I posted on the dead thread to see if anyone could help me out, I offered to pay for the cassettes and shipping if any of those kind folks could help me out by dubbing a show for me. That request lead to uber mensch @imtheocean to hit me up. Not only did my dude send me THREE(!) Live Shows but he also through in 5 albums on top of that. I am ecstatic. I can’t wait to pop these in for a listen.

Steal My Fresh Grabs
View attachment 95532

Bob Weir -
Bobby & The Midnightes

As I posted earlier, I recently picked up a Tape Deck and decided if I am gonna collect tapes I should at least have a couple live Dead shows to play on it. So I posted on the dead thread to see if anyone could help me out, I offered to pay for the cassettes and shipping if any of those kind folks could help me out by dubbing a show for me. That request lead to uber mensch @imtheocean to hit me up. Not only did my dude send me THREE(!) Live Shows but he also through in 5 albums on top of that. I am ecstatic. I can’t wait to pop these in for a listen.
Oh man, I remember borrowing that Public Enemy cassette from a classmate so many years ago!

Ordered a Lloyd Cole box set from JPC, in Germany. Box, absolutely trashed. Very minimal protection on the inside, yet the box set was completely unscathed. How this very heavy boxset traveled 5,000 miles without damage in THIS box is a modern miracle.
View attachment 95555View attachment 95556View attachment 95557View attachment 95558
Nice, I ordered a couple from them and their the smaller mailer they shipped in was rock solid. Looks like the outer box took the brunt of the abuse thankfully. DHL can be rough on things.

Steal My Fresh Grabs
View attachment 95532

Bob Weir -
Bobby & The Midnightes

Enjoy! When you listen to that 4/29/89 show, I'm in the crowd somewhere! I'm sure they are happy to have a new home, they were collecting dust in my garage.

De Frank Professionals
Sturgill Simpson - Cuttin' Grass Vol 2

A huge one for me. The De Frank album is one of the Holy grails of African records. One of my favourite Ebay sellers had a decent copy (VG-) up for sale, and, well, I ended up paying too much for it but I've wanted this for a decade or so. Such great music and something I'll play a lot. Plus, what a dude on the cover! But kind of obscene to pay so much for one disc. I can comfort myself with the fact I paid half the median on Discogs but still... And the excellent second part of Sturgill, which I cleaned carefully after reading Discogs reviews and sounds wonderful too. Happy days.

20210414_155348.jpg

Ordered a Lloyd Cole box set from JPC, in Germany. Box, absolutely trashed. Very minimal protection on the inside, yet the box set was completely unscathed. How this very heavy boxset traveled 5,000 miles without damage in THIS box is a modern miracle.
View attachment 95555View attachment 95556View attachment 95557View attachment 95558

I ordered that from HHV a while ago & had the same issue. I don't know if you've opened the box yet but I had an issue with seem splits and paper surface scratches. They mostly play well though & it's a good remaster

Back