Political Discussion

Wanna get high speed trains? no! Can we rebuild our roads? no! Can we get affordable heatlhcare? no! Can we get affordable public and higher education? no! Can we limit a woman's right and control their body by telling them what they need to do? Sure, we can do that!

It just blows my mind how for the past 25 years since I start caring about politics how frequently Abortion is talked about. I don't know what it's like in every country but the countries I lived in Abortion was something you decided on and was your business only, yet here we make it a national emergency.

I really have no faith in the S.C to keep Roe v Wade alive. Just sad, people who claim to be all about protecting your rights as a free person are the same people who allow the government to decide what someone can and can't do to their body.
Dead bodies have more rights than women do these days
I acknowledged there is a difference and I am not the one bringing religion into it. There is still a fundamental violation of rights to force vaccines into people. I might be willing to blur the line a little more if government and related pharmaceutical companies could actually be trusted to truly have people’s best interests in mind. At any rate, I see it as a huge slippery slope once we say people must be injected with whatever the government decrees.

Besides, my argument is that you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Quit muddying the waters with partisan politics and religion. Decide if people have a right to their own bodies or not. Once that is settled then abortion is a decided issue.
We could easily have an about ten year flu vaccine if Rx companies weren't more interest in money than health, (Flu virus has an outer coating that changes less frequently, it is thought having a vaccine geared toward that would be a longer term solution)
I'm REALLY not feeling Biden. Also his interactions with people makes me very uncomfortable
yep, he is too "centrist" of course centrist is right of the overall public because the right has gotten even more right than ever
Education is a right not a privilege. It should be free.
what Americans fail to realize is it is a good investment in the future, sure at first it will hurt financially now but it will be worth it (the elected officials on the right are more worried about the now than the future even if that means they are screwing over their grandkids and great grandkids.)

Speaking at a Paducah Chamber of Commerce luncheon in Kentucky, McConnell was asked by an attendee, "Should a Supreme Court justice die next year, what will your position be on filling that spot?"

The leader took a long sip of what appeared to be iced tea before announcing with a smile, "Oh, we'd fill it," triggering loud laughter from the audience.

David Popp, a spokesman for McConnell, said the difference between now and three years ago, when McConnell famously blocked Judge Merrick Garland's ascension to the Supreme Court, is that at that time the White House was controlled by a Democrat and the Senate by Republicans. This time, both are controlled by the GOP.

I know, you know it, we all know it, but this piece of shit is so evil.

A man lit himself on fire in front of the White House this afternoon and was walking around in front of the White House fully engulfed in flames.

He must have been wearing some kind of fire protection suit as he was able to walk around casually for awhile until they extinguished him and made the arrest.

A man lit himself on fire in front of the White House this afternoon and was walking around in front of the White House fully engulfed in flames.

He must have been wearing some kind of fire protection suit as he was able to walk around casually for awhile until they extinguished him and made the arrest.

Obviously he's not a Buddhist.

Must be a King Gizzard fan.

Last edited:
When doing the right thing is bad politics.

Political experts say impeaching Trump is the good management of the government and proper use of checks and balances. Doing it would be the right thing to do based on the facts. However, doing so would be bad politics. If the democrats moved forward with it it would be the equivalent of political suicide for them. It would likely cost them the 2020 election and seats in both the house and senate giving full power back to the Republicans for an other 4 years.

Doing so would get the Republican base / Trump supporters really rallied up and angry.

What have we come to...

When doing the right thing is bad politics.

Political experts say impeaching Trump is the good management of the government and proper use of checks and balances. Doing it would be the right thing to do based on the facts. However, doing so would be bad politics. If the democrats moved forward with it it would be the equivalent of political suicide for them. It would likely cost them the 2020 election and seats in both the house and senate giving full power back to the Republicans for an other 4 years.

Doing so would get the Republican base / Trump supporters really rallied up and angry.

What have we come to...
my guess is if he wins 2020 impeachment will start right away as there will be time for it to be finished before 2024

Doing it would be the right thing to do based on the facts. However, doing so would be bad politics. If the democrats moved forward with it it would be the equivalent of political suicide for them. It would likely cost them the 2020 election and seats in both the house and senate giving full power back to the Republicans for an other 4 years.

I've seen a lot of people saying this but have not seen anything that would indicate that this would actually happen.

polls showed that people didn't like the impeachment and I think polls right now don't show a lot of support for it

Maybe, but it should be obvious to people that Clinton:Trump is not a 1:1 correlation. Clinton was a lot more popular.

I wonder what the question was like on the polls that they are using. Honestly I think this election will be won on very small margins along electoral college lines, like the last one.

The Trump Administrations war on Immigration has gone too far.

A volunteer for the humanitarian aid group No More Deaths faces 3 felony charges tied to his arrest last year.

What did he do? He left food and water in the dessert for immigrants crossing the boarder. So they wouldn't die of starvation or dehydration. And search and rescue of those immigrants in need of immediate care. This is what the humanitarian aid group does as well as many others.

The charges he faces could land him up to 20 years in prison. His trial is getting started this week.

The Trump administration is sending a very clear message. Humanitarian groups cannot aid illegal immigrants and their help of illegal immigrants will no longer be tolerated by border control agents who previously looked the other way.

The Trump Administrations war on Immigration has gone too far.

A volunteer for the humanitarian aid group No More Deaths faces 3 felony charges tied to his arrest last year.

What did he do? He left food and water in the dessert for immigrants crossing the boarder. So they wouldn't die of starvation or dehydration. And search and rescue of those immigrants in need of immediate care. This is what the humanitarian aid group does as well as many others.

The charges he faces could land him up to 20 years in prison. His trial is getting started this week.

The Trump administration is sending a very clear message. Humanitarian groups cannot aid illegal immigrants and their help of illegal immigrants will no longer be tolerated by border control agents who previously looked the other way.
A risk that is worth it for Humanitarian groups, just keeping doing what is right

Back