Political Discussion

After Bostock I became convinced that RBG will die before the election, as the resulting carnage - not just liberals vs. McConnel but wounded and angry evangelical activists vs. everyone else, plus Trump’s inevitable belief that the nominee should be a “game changer” rather than another anonymous lump of Federalist Society pancake batter - seems like the only way that this stupid year could really keep upping the ante.
We’ll know it’s happening if Trump ever mentions Taft in public. That’ll mean the rationalizing has started.

A growing trend in 2020 is school districts are requiring groups / clubs to have a one million dollar minimum liability insurance police for a youth group.

For example, band or drama club would fall under this. The requirement of having the insurance policy is of course passing along the fees to the parents. I have read up to $50 a month in fees.

This requirement is pricing a lot of children out of being able to be part of these such programs resulting in lower enrollment or out right calculation of such school programs.

What I don't get is why it's up to each specify group / club to have their own policy, and for the program leader to be in charge of taking out the policy.

Our lives are ruled by insurance agencies. We live in a society that rewards and praises the individual and denigrates the whole, but expects the whole to be responsible for the failure of the individual.

Education in the U.S. has always been inequitable and been about providing better service to those that can afford those services. It's why public suburban schools have facilities and service and others do not. That and a systemic dismantling of city tax base and services during the beginning in the 1960's. School choice and the charter system has been pushed through by those that wish to dismantle public services and promote inequity. Wealthy people have always had the option to opt out and send their kid to private school. New England is full of these places.

Betsy Devos was put in place to further inequity and continue the erosion of the public school system. It's worked...not as well as it could have since she seems to have the intellect of finger nail clippings.

Our lives are ruled by insurance agencies. We live in a society that rewards and praises the individual and denigrates the whole, but expects the whole to be responsible for the failure of the individual.

Education in the U.S. has always been inequitable and been about providing better service to those that can afford those services. It's why public suburban schools have facilities and service and others do not. That and a systemic dismantling of city tax base and services during the beginning in the 1960's. School choice and the charter system has been pushed through by those that wish to dismantle public services and promote inequity. Wealthy people have always had the option to opt out and send their kid to private school. New England is full of these places.

Betsy Devos was put in place to further inequity and continue the erosion of the public school system. It's worked...not as well as it could have since she seems to have the intellect of finger nail clippings.
Seems unfair to the encoded capacity for growth possessed by fingernails.

A real positive of COVID shutting down everything, and I'm genuine - not joking here, is that with schools and places of gathering closed it probably brings a sharp decline in school & mass shootings.

I can even with that lady. I’ve attended over 5 hours of meetings over the past two to advocate for my profession through our union. There will be more meetings in the coming weeks. She wants to see public education fail at this and then point it out. It is horrible that they offer no guidance or support except open up.

Remember Donald Trump said that if elected that we would be winning so much, that we would actually be sick of winning?

Back