Political Discussion

Yesterday George Floyd "would be happy", start the countdown on how long it takes for that to go another direction.............and done.

I agree with the narrative that he was no "hero", but after that, nothing changed except for one simple fact, Republican or Democrat, WE ARE ALL JUST PAWNS, PERIOD.

Yesterday George Floyd "would be happy", start the countdown on how long it takes for that to go another direction.............and done.

I agree with the narrative that he was no "hero", but after that, nothing changed except for one simple fact, Republican or Democrat, WE ARE ALL JUST PAWNS, PERIOD.
I want to say something about my "pawns" comment, only because I struggle with all of this and try to break everything down to a more basic structure............right and wrong. What people will inevitably miss in all this is really easily put to the test, lets say Candace's comments are 100% correct in every way, shape and form. Now stealing a concept from "A Time to Kill", what if Candace was white? We're all flawed, and as long as the "point" of ANY issue continues to be blurred and pulled to one side or another, we continue to be pawns, we're just random numbers or "votes", even when we think we're being helped, there always seems to be underlying conditions that we're not aware of right away, if ever. A vast majority of Americans, myself included to be honest, are content living in our own little bubble, right or wrong, but mostly because we don't see anything change, and in turn, nothing really changes in the bubble. I still go to work, I still struggle to make ends meet, I struggle to do the best for my children, but always find a way to make it happen at the cost of prolonging my own financial crisis, but we all want better for our kids and next generation. But at a certain point, it's out of our hands, so now I return to my bubble, I only have so much time on this earth and I'm tired of anger, hate and the rest. The bubble is safeER. Trying to have an opinion in these times just reinforces staying in your bubble, because there are no conversations, only defense mechanisms.........so it becomes harder and harder to justify the effort that falls on deaf ears and ultimately just makes me mad, sad and upset with it all.

My biggest concern at this point is what it's going to cost us all in the end.....and there will be a cost.

I want to say something about my "pawns" comment, only because I struggle with all of this and try to break everything down to a more basic structure............right and wrong. What people will inevitably miss in all this is really easily put to the test, lets say Candace's comments are 100% correct in every way, shape and form. Now stealing a concept from "A Time to Kill", what if Candace was white? We're all flawed, and as long as the "point" of ANY issue continues to be blurred and pulled to one side or another, we continue to be pawns, we're just random numbers or "votes", even when we think we're being helped, there always seems to be underlying conditions that we're not aware of right away, if ever. A vast majority of Americans, myself included to be honest, are content living in our own little bubble, right or wrong, but mostly because we don't see anything change, and in turn, nothing really changes in the bubble. I still go to work, I still struggle to make ends meet, I struggle to do the best for my children, but always find a way to make it happen at the cost of prolonging my own financial crisis, but we all want better for our kids and next generation. But at a certain point, it's out of our hands, so now I return to my bubble, I only have so much time on this earth and I'm tired of anger, hate and the rest. The bubble is safeER. Trying to have an opinion in these times just reinforces staying in your bubble, because there are no conversations, only defense mechanisms.........so it becomes harder and harder to justify the effort that falls on deaf ears and ultimately just makes me mad, sad and upset with it all.

My biggest concern at this point is what it's going to cost us all in the end.....and there will be a cost.

I dig nearly everything about your post. And bubbles are definitely real.

But I just have to say... Candance Owens is a Uncle Tom, and one of the most disgusting people in right wing media. She is a mouthpiece for the alt-right and no white person should listen to anything she says

I dig nearly everything about your post. And bubbles are definitely real.

But I just have to say... Candance Owens is a Uncle Tom, and one of the most disgusting people in right wing media. She is a mouthpiece for the alt-right and no white person should listen to anything she says
Agreed 100%, how convenient of it all to be posted NOW. I guess what I'm saying it's again an attempt to give the Trump base a "see, even a black person gets it". Its disgusting.

The May jobs / unemployment report that came out yesterday showed much better numbers than expected and Trump declared victory.

However, the unemployment rate of 13.3% reported is missing leading. It does not include people classified as "employed not at work" when they should have been classified as "unemployed on temporary layoff".

So, in other words, those on skort term furloughs are not included in the unemployment data.

I hate this question. I'm not saying I have the answer to it, or that it doesn't matter. But, the people sitting back and seeing this huge, powerful movement and all the passion behind it saying "you guys are making a mistake, don't make this political, just keep it focused on Trump or we'll lose," just strike me as soulless. It makes me sad.

I don't see how it matters much what a presidential candidate thinks about defunding police. I mean, I guess unless they think it's somehow in their scope of power, because it isn't.

In the blue states, for defunding the police doesn't matter much for them politically. They will neither see any gains in popularity or losses.

However, the red states voting on candidates on the national scale, will strongly oppose any candidate who thinks about defunding the police.

This could throw swing states red real fast if this becomes a hot button political issue.

In the blue states, for defunding the police doesn't matter much for them politically. They will neither see any gains in popularity or losses.

However, the red states voting on candidates on the national scale, will strongly oppose any candidate who thinks about defunding the police.

This could throw swing states red real fast if this becomes a hot button political issue.
The harsh reality is that Democrats had plenty of candidates who would take up the defunding police issue but they all had disappointing numbers at the polls. Saying this as a Sanders supporter.

Back