And 'til my voice goes from a shriek to whisper, "I can't breathe"
And you sit there in the house on couch and watch it on TV
The most you give's a Twitter rant and call it a tragedy
But truly the travesty, you've been robbed of your empathy
Replaced it with apathy, I wish I could magically
Fast forward the future so then you can face it
And see how fucked up it'll be"

El-P:
"I used to wanna get the chance to show the world I'm smart (Ha)
Isn't that dumb? I should've focused mostly on the heart
'Cause I seen smarter people trample life like it's an art
So bein' smart ain't what it used to be, that's fuckin' dark
You ever notice that the worst of us have all the chips?
It really kinda takes the sheen off people getting rich
Like maybe rich is not the holy ever lovin' king of nothin' fuckers
Know we know you’re bluffin"

Mike:
"It’d be a lie if I told you that I ever disdained the fortune and fame
But the presence of the pleasure never abstained me from any of the pain
When my mother transitioned to another plane, I was sitting on a plane
Tellin' her to hold on and she tried hard but she just couldn't hang
Been two years, truth is I'll probably never be the same
Dead serious, it's a chore not to let myself go insane
It's crippling, make you want lean on a cup of promethazine
But my queen say she need a king, not another junkie, flunky rapper fiend
Friends tell her "He could be another Malcolm, he could be another Martin"
She told her partner "I need a husband more than the world need another martyr"

By the way, risked the Covid and went to the LA protest today. It was large, peaceful and vibrant. People were handing out masks, water and hand sanitizers.

I had friends at the protests over the weekend (two separate events). What I heard from them as well as my brother in Denver was that the crowd was peaceful most of the night but that the cops were extremely antagonistic and abusive, and that it eventually spiraled because of that. My tattoo artist watched her girlfriend get concussed by a rubber bullet to the head and another friend have a tooth knocked out by one. I have another (female) friend get clubbed in the back of the head. In all cases these people were minding their own business. In the case of the rubber bullets they were even sitting down.

In contrast, tonight the cops were limited to the outer perimeter. Two layers several blocks apart and several blocks from the crowds. The national guard dealt with the protesters and were professional and even friendly in some cases. And in return, the crowd was respectful and even thankful in some cases.

Ok, stupid question but why is Instagram restricting activist from going live and twitter taking down all the videos? I mean, I know why it’s probably happening, but what’s their excuse?

I haven't heard about this.

@dhodo @DownIsTheNewUp

sorry for the confusion! Turns out I was trying to watch linked twitter videos through the Instagram app which kept giving me a “this video cannot be viewed” prompt. I’m not sure which account I looked at earlier but it was an activist in NY that posted a video because she said that Instagram wasn’t letting her go live, could just be an anomaly though.

this Washington post article is about 2 weeks old but it contains stuff I am really concerned about.https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/14/we-need-prepare-possibility-trump-rejecting-election-results/

So if he ( and that if us still a long shot) loses in November what are the chances he will just go out of office without talking about voting fraud and a coup. He spent the last years permanently pushing these ideas. What if he refuses to leave. we've seen people take their assault rifles to state capitols over Corona measures. What will they do if they see their president defrauded of the presidency. Where will the Republican party and the supreme court stand if the sitting president does not accept election results. this seemed like a weird conspiracy theory 5 years ago, but that I is seriously in the realm of possibilities is scary.

Wow, things are looking scary in Russia.

According to the news report I just saw on CNN, they two are facing shortages of PPE. Doctors and nurses are making statements on social media that they are being forced to treat COVID patients without any at times.

The official report is there is no shortage, and an inspection of those hospitals found nothing.

So far 4 of those whistleblower doctors have turned up dead. 1 falling out of hospital window to his death.

If that isn't suspicious I don't know what is.

this Washington post article is about 2 weeks old but it contains stuff I am really concerned about.https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/14/we-need-prepare-possibility-trump-rejecting-election-results/

So if he ( and that if us still a long shot) loses in November what are the chances he will just go out of office without talking about voting fraud and a coup. He spent the last years permanently pushing these ideas. What if he refuses to leave. we've seen people take their assault rifles to state capitols over Corona measures. What will they do if they see their president defrauded of the presidency. Where will the Republican party and the supreme court stand if the sitting president does not accept election results. this seemed like a weird conspiracy theory 5 years ago, but that I is seriously in the realm of possibilities is scary.
He was saying the results of the election would be rigged last time before the election even happened. If he loses, He will try to say the same. If he doesn’t leave come January, he will be forcefully removed but it won’t come to that because he’s a baby who shrinks at the slightest actual confrontation. This is the guy who can’t even fire someone to their face.
I’m more worried about Barr than Trump if the election goes against Trump. He’ll immediately open an investigation into voter fraud, try to find one case of it and say the election shouldn’t count. Or worse yet, he will try to cancel the election. Scary times indeed.

0, if he loses this will be the crying the Republicans are going to lean on right out of the gate and all the Trumpster's will be following suit.
just anchoring to your post

Right and IF he does lose (even definitively) we better all be prepared for his "very fine people" and every other person swept up in his propaganda machine to not go quietly into the night.

We're seeing video footage of it right now. We're seeing them grab their weapons and form their militias (impromptu or otherwise). We're seeing individuals , homes, cultural centers, etc. be attacked. We're seeing the police be unable and/or unwilling to stop it.

I'm not trying to be alarmist, but I think in the moment we really need to consider how bloviation has been conflated by some people as a call to action, and how others will use the dog whistles as the call to action they've been waiting for. That's been happening, it will continue to happen, and when "their" president and power is threatened they will react.

I start my morning by going to both CNN and Fox because I want to see why those I disagree with believe their nonsense, and yeah...

FUCK this piece of shit, completely neglecting to adjust the numbers for total population amongst the colors.

I start my morning by going to both CNN and Fox because I want to see why those I disagree with believe their nonsense, and yeah...

FUCK this piece of shit, completely neglecting to adjust the numbers for total population amongst the colors.

The comments to that article are not much better.
Institutional Racism or Systemic Racism are buzz words of the left to justify their violence and hatred. The phrases mean nothing and do not exist, though the lefty MSM and politicians use the phrases to pump up their base thru discontent.
They are just an excuse when they cannot find actual racism. So if more black people are arrested, and there was no racism in the arrest, it must be institutional racism. When black kids drop out of school, and there was no racism they can point to, it must be institutional racism. When more black kids have teen pregnancies, no racism to see, so it must be institutional racism.
Have you ever wondered? I have? All across this country black people kill each other on a daily routine that does not exist in white nieghborhoods...Especially in cities like Chicago. So where is the outrage, where are the protest , where are the riots?

Back