Political Discussion

She didn't always do that though.

Meanwhile, despite campaigning on reform, she forced voters to go to the polls in order to get rid of the three strikes felony rule.

Those are just 2 examples.
A fairly old article but I thought it did a good job of explaining her law career

"A nationwide Fox News poll released Sunday shows President Donald Trump trailing Senator Bernie Sanders, 49 percent to 40 percent among all registered voters nationwide.

The Fox poll also showed Biden leading Trump by 49 percent to 39 percent. Also beating Trump in the poll were Senators Elizabeth Warren (43%-41%) and Kamala Harris (42%-41%), and Mayor Pete Buttigieg (41%-40%) of South Bend, Indiana."

"A nationwide Fox News poll released Sunday shows President Donald Trump trailing Senator Bernie Sanders, 49 percent to 40 percent among all registered voters nationwide.

The Fox poll also showed Biden leading Trump by 49 percent to 39 percent. Also beating Trump in the poll were Senators Elizabeth Warren (43%-41%) and Kamala Harris (42%-41%), and Mayor Pete Buttigieg (41%-40%) of South Bend, Indiana."

But the polls pretty much said the same thing in ‘16 and yet, here we are.

As cynical as it sounds, I’m not sure he just relinquishes Power should he lose.

But the polls pretty much said the same thing in ‘16 and yet, here we are.

As cynical as it sounds, I’m not sure he just relinquishes Power should he lose.

The polls in 2016 did a poor job of capturing traditional non voters who turned out in full force for him. The same was true of Sanders during the primary though. And I'd hope that now those voters are registered, they'd be easier to track. Perhaps not though.

As to you "cynical" comment? I get where you are coming from.

The polls in 2016 did a poor job of capturing traditional non voters who turned out in full force for him. The same was true of Sanders during the primary though. And I'd hope that now those voters are registered, they'd be easier to track. Perhaps not though.

As to you "cynical" comment? I get where you are coming from.
The other problem is that the DNC just sort of assumed they’d won and Clinton didn’t really stick the landing. Hopefully, they learned that lesson.

I hate the financial institutions of America.

I know Bank of America was sued for this and had to make a payout recently.

Banks process debits before credits to maximize fees.

Last night all my auto payments were taken out of my bank account prior to them crediting my direct deposit. Result, 3 NSF fees of $35 for a total of $105.

Calling them and bitching went no where. They were like you didn't have the funds in your account plain and simple. Everything went in and out at 12:00 am. So why should I be on the hook if they took the money out for my auto payments before they put the money in from my direct deposit / paycheck.
That sucks. I hate auto pay because of this. From working at a bank in the past (not B of A) banks run credit before processing debits but there is typically a “batch cutoff time” where everyone’s accounts get balanced it usually occurs in the wee hours of the morning but the specific time frame would vary by bank. If it was a local small town bank or credit union and as long as this is an infrequent occurrence you could like speak with someone who would be able to refund the fees as a one time customer courtesy. Unfortunately mega banks are designed to make it damn near impossible for their customers.

Last edited:
The other problem is that the DNC just sort of assumed they’d won and Clinton didn’t really stick the landing. Hopefully, they learned that lesson.
She ended up campaigning in states she wasn't going to win anyway and therefore lost in the "important" states, though she did well in Texas

Last edited:
Trump has announced mass deportations of illegal immigrants are about to begin.

sighs, sounds like a ploy to rally his base.

Also, did you all catch the fued between Mitch McConnell and Jon Stewart?

Hi and welcome to Trumps America.

This morning the EPA rolls back all Obama-era regulations that limit coal-fired power plants.

Trump kicked off his 2020 presidential campaign last night with more than 15 false claims.

The full article is now live.

The Environmental Protection Agency on Wednesday said states can set their own carbon emissions standards for coal-fired power plants -- a rule that the agency itself says could result in 1,400 more premature deaths by 2030 than the Obama-era plan it will replace.
The move fulfills part of President Donald Trump's promise to help the coal industry, but will likely face court challenges from environmental groups and several states who see the rollback as detrimental to clean air and efforts to fight the climate crisis.
Former President Barack Obama's plan, if implemented, would have prevented 3,600 premature deaths a year, 1,700 heart attacks and 90,000 asthma attacks, according to analysis conducted by the EPA under his tenure.

I basically get out of this that "we don't care about human lives, only profits"

Just read an interesting article on the us missile defense in scientific american.Trum claimed on Hannity " We have missiles that can knock out a missile in the air 97 percent of the time, and if you send two of them it's gonna get knocked out." That seems to be not true. In tests so far missile defense intercepted about 56% of simulated incoming warheads under simplified test conditions. So to get to a good chance of intercept you have to assign 4 interceptors per warhead ( the us has about 40 interceptors). The experts conclusion was that the us spend 100s of billions of dollars on something that is more or less useseless and has the danger of giving a false feeling of being invicible to political leaders that may result in a more aggressive stance in conflicts.

Last edited:
The full article is now live.

I basically get out of this that "we don't care about human lives, only profits"
Many coal miners actually don't know how the pollution affects the surrounding area and those that live there. When HRC was campaigning a coal miner confronted her about coal mine closures she proposed but when she explained and gave him the stats of deaths he changed his mind. I realize that won't change many people's minds because feelings over take facts

Iran shot down a US drone over international waters last night. A clear message sent to us and an escalation of tensions.

Iran state media also reported that while they do not war, they are prepared to go to war with the United States.

I don't trust Trump. Is big mouth and impulsivness are going to lead us to war.

wuc190604.jpg

At least the iranians claim it was in iranian airspace.
Funny enough Trump is talking about how it’s “scientifically proven” that the Global Hawk was in international waters. It was, but since when does that fool care about science?

I don’t think we’ll go to war w Iran unless they want to. Yes there are some hawks in his admin but he is - don’t laugh - risk adverse. At least militarily. He talks big but it fizzles and he revisions the outcome. Iran’s motivations are more dangerous bc a war may allow them to consolidate power, given current social unrest. Now, war I don’t think so but there are a full range of military operations on the way to a full war.

Yikes.

Trump had ordered a strike on Iran last night in retaliation of shooting down the drone. However, he called it off at the last minute. The planes were already in the air.

Talk about escalating things.

Back