Political Discussion

This video so true and covers why the common arguments against make no sense.

I shared this video on other forum in a thread about the high cost of healthcare. There has been medicare for all discussion in the thread.

Apparently this video was to political. That forum allows no political discussion and this video got me a 24 hour ban as well as my post being removed. LMAO Apparently it's politics and liberal.

I don't see how it's any more political than talking about how we need a single payer system to fix our healthcare system and bring down the costs. That discussion has been allowed.

Michael Bloomberg is calling for some of the moderate candidates to drop out now. If the moderate candidates continue to split the moderate base Bernie Sanders could win in California on Saturday and become unstoppable.

Here is another reason we need Medicare for all ASAP.

I just saw a post about how someone who is supposed to have surgery tomorrow had to cancel their surgery. The surgery was not an emergency but was medically required. She didn't say what the surgery was.

But long story short, the hospital contacted her days before surgery saying that she must pay her entire deductible up front before any services could be rendered. Her deductible is $5,000 and she does not have it sitting around.

She tried to negotiate a repayment plan but the hospital refused citing they require all known payments required by patients upfront now as to many bills are going unpaid. They would not budge.

So essentially that hospitals policies now state that for all non emergency services all bills have to be paid up front before services are rendered.

This woman is now shopping around trying to find a different surgeon who operates out of a different hospital that won't require payments upfront before services are rendered.

Michael Bloomberg is calling for some of the moderate candidates to drop out now. If the moderate candidates continue to split the moderate base Bernie Sanders could win in California on Saturday and become unstoppable.
If Bernie wins California on Saturday then this race has a huge problem.

When we has both are kids we had a $10,000+ hospital bill AFTER insurance. Normal birth, no complications. It's insane. The same people who say that the younger generation just needs to work harder are the same ones that had $0 hospital bills when they had kids.

This is somewhat shocking for someone like me living in a country with sort-of universal healthcare. I 7.5 % of my pay is automatically withdrawn for the insurance and my employer pays another 7.5%, but for the births of my 3 children we paid about 200-300 $ and that was only the cost for my food and lodging when i wanted to stay overnights at the hospital with my wife and child. My insurance even covered abou 15-20 visits by a trained midwifa after birth to help with brest-feeding, weighing etc. For prescription drugs there is a 10% copayment ( that is capped at 10€) and all medical expenditures for my kids are covered. It´s not without flaws and problems with demographics making the system more expensive, but i think there is no serious opposition to the system here.
There are indeed longer wait times sometimes for non-emergency procedures (for something like mrt etc.) like John Oliver mentioned but those are indeed few compared to the people i knew in the us that would have to schedule doctors visits according to when money was there to pay them

Are others in the same boat?

I have insurance. But have avoided going to the dr because of premiums. I hoard my prescriptions and take them sometimes every other day to make them last longer. I have insurance and still do this.

I have insurance. But have avoided going to the dr because of premiums. I hoard my prescriptions and take them sometimes every other day to make them last longer. I have insurance and still do this.

When I had private insurance, I did not go to the Dr. because of a $50 copay for a visit. I payed about $3K for a ACL surgery during that time. Don't remember what I payed for the Physical Therapy afterwards. I think that was covered though. This was early 2000's.

I haven't been to a doctor is over 10 years. Partly due to anxiety, partly due to costs. My wife is pretty sure she has sleep apnea but the cost for a sleep study is insane and would be out of pocket.

When I had private insurance, I did not go to the Dr. because of a $50 copay for a visit. I payed about $3K for a ACL surgery during that time. Don't remember what I payed for the Physical Therapy afterwards. I think that was covered though. This was early 2000's.
I haven't been to a doctor is over 10 years. Partly due to anxiety, partly due to costs. My wife is pretty sure she has sleep apnea but the cost for a sleep study is insane and would be out of pocket.
I used to be extremely fastidious about seeing certain doctors every 6 months. It's been 2 years now. And it worries me. But I can't get those mystery bills in the mail months later because my insurance didn't cover some very normal test that the dr ran.

Trump did so much damage already that i find thse over easy comparisons dangerous. I am not a fan of Blomberg but the prospect of 4 more trump years scares me much more than blomberg and these are the kind of lazy comparisons that helped keep Bernie supporters from the Poll last time because they thought Trump or Clinton was not such a big difference, so why bother.

I hate them both but this is playing right into Trump’s hands. Both are obscenely rich and would not work for the best interests of the majority of US citizens, that being said only one is a narcissistic wannabe dictator. As much as I hope Bloomberg does not win. He a vast improvement over Trump. Acting like there is no difference will drive down voters in the fall and low turnout is the only way that Trump wins re-election.

Unfortunately we have a history of obscenely rich becoming President but None of them have been as detrimental as the buffoon that currently resides in the White House.

Instead of attacking those that supporters are ultimately going to essential in defeating Trump In November people should be putting their energy behind explaining what makes their candidate the best choice to the uninformed and the uninitiated.

I used to be extremely fastidious about seeing certain doctors every 6 months. It's been 2 years now. And it worries me. But I can't get those mystery bills in the mail months later because my insurance didn't cover some very normal test that the dr ran.

Ya, that's how I've been ever since the Dr swindled me into getting my flu shot at the Dr's office and insurance sent me a bill for $200 cause I didn't get it at CVS (where it would have apparently been free).... like what?

Back